Fluval Sea 32.5 Nano Reef

Mountainreefer4339

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2020
Messages
44
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good so far @ 1.023 SG, thanks to my Hanna Salinity tester! Bonus entry! More to come...
MVIMG_20200406_112541.jpg
 
No, is a 1.024 is little low, but it could work as a hardy coral reef or fish only. Still I would aim for 1.025 or 1.026.
Ok, thanks for the help. But why the higher salinity? Everything I've read says 1.023-1.025 for a reef.
 
Ok, thanks for the help. But why the higher salinity? Everything I've read says 1.023-1.025 for a reef.
It’s just the optimal level for keeping corals healthy. If you kept it at 1.023 some of your corals might struggle. So that’s why I would recommend 1.025-1.026.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new