fluval spec 60 light upgrades ?!

Nanolifeuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too sure if I have put this in the right forum but here goes:

I own a fluval spec 60, similar to the fluval sea evo however it is slightly taller therefore has a more (and I mean about 8 lol) litres. Also the evo has a much better light.

it is newly setup, and I’m already scratching my brain on upgrades. Two questions:

1) since the only difference in tank dimensions is the height, am I right in saying that the evo light would fit into the hood right where the spec light does ? Does anyone know?

And

2) if I considered going topless (sexy thought I know- but the tank not me) how concerned should I be about dust entering the tank? my house is fairly old and no matter how much cleaning I do it always finds a way to linger.

2 would be the better option for me as I mesh lids look cooler imo and with this I can get an even better light than the fluval evo one ( plus it’s £80 odd quid, the full tank is only 150)

I don’t know if it’s worth noting that I do not have the skimmer which is made to fit these tanks, nor any skimmer for that matter. Atm the only filtration is the sponge, bio max and media. Cheers !

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let see if someone can help you out.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back