Fluval spec iii build

I'll look into that for sure, My problem is its to warm. At night the house drops to 68 and the tank is at 80 still. I think my cheap heater temp sensor is not right.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DGHG8...t=&hvlocphy=9017622&hvtargid=pla-354598209525

yeah, that's not suitable for a reef tank. i don't see where you can dial in a desired temp. I suggest you replace that asap with a 50-100 watt heater with a controllable dial to set your temp.

Thermometers are notoriously off a degree or two (some more). I keep a second digital thermometer on the tank and thus can quickly eyeball to make sure my controller thermometer is accurately working. The two can drift a full degree apart (one is in the sump, the other in the DT). It's inexpensive piece of mind, especially since we run these tanks at close to temps that if rise 5 or so degrees can quickly deplete the tank of oxygen .


ps nice acrylic work, btw. i made an overflow box not as nearly as nice. my next two projects are a pod/paulb's mandarin feeder and to replace my float switch bracket.
 
I'll try and find a heater that will fit, that's the proplem with this tank it's supper small.

I'll be building an external algae scrubber that fits into the stand by using an external water pump and a reactor.

Thanks, I built it similar to the intank basket I had for my biocube.
 
Went ahead and ordered a finnex titanium 50 watt heater that should lay on the bottom under the basket.
 
Looking good and nasty! CUC this week finally!

IMG_20180331_160949.jpg
 
Cycle is complete! Coraline is growing pretty good. Going to get a CUC today.
IMG_20180407_100137.jpg
 
Thanks! I've come to the conclusion it takes 6 weeks or more for a fresh unseeded tank to cycle no matter what you do. I do think if you let the ammonia or nitrites go above 5 ppm it slows down the cycle.
 
First inhabitants are in. Hermit and ceirth along with a mushroom and zoa frag.
IMG_20180407_140656.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new