Fluval Spec V pump upgrade

  • Thread starter Thread starter ffiel2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ffiel2

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2014
Messages
33
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found a better pump that fits spec v aside from mini jet 606 and 404 since they are discontinued?
 
I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I just bought a small aquatop pump I'll find out tonight if it works and can let you know
 
What I use seemed a little to powerful even dialed down. I have a small pump that will push 118 gph I'm gonna try now
 
Yes using a aquatop 80gph! Kind of tight but it seems to be working well had to change fittings
 
I have a 90 gph in my fluval spec 3
 
Yeah the stock is around 50
where did you find yours at and what fittings did you change? I believe the one you upgraded to has controlled flow if we are thinking of the same one.
 
Yes it does. I got my from my lfs.if you can't find one I can pick it up from and ship it if need be
 
I had to kinda makeshift with the ones that came with the small aqua top to make it work buts it's flowing a little to well for my freshwater tank it's in hahahaha
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new