Fluval spec v startup

Neat video. Glad to see her eating. How many times a day do you feed her?

One of the reasons that mandarins are are so difficult to keep is because they have a super high metabolism and need to basically constantly eat throughout the day. You can buy captive bred mandarins that will eat pellets and/or frozen but unless you are feeding them every hour they still need a high population of pods to be grazing on all day.
I feed her 3 times a day now...she seems to be thickening up since I've gotten her. I knew it was going to be a challenge but once the 60g is completed she'll be moving over. I couldn't help but take her...she wouldn't have survived much longer in the system she was in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new