FM Min S trace reduction with FM Orgamic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I use min S together with organic regularly. I did a FM Icp test recently and there are a number of elements that are undetected or very low (mostly the metals) while a few like molybdenum are very high...

I know min S can reduce nutrients as well as trace elements, it is mentioned on their site. Can someone explain how, I'm curious.

I thought with FM organic and min S would be closer than I was in Icp results.

I'm also curious about contents of min S and organic as far as elemental values. What metals , halogens etc included?

As far as filtration. I have an oversized skimmer, use biomedia and use activated carbon occasionally. Both tanks are light to medium mixed coral stock. Medium fish load and feed regularly 3x pellet by auto feeder and frozen cube daily

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know min S can reduce nutrients as well as trace elements, it is mentioned on their site. Can someone explain how, I'm curious.
My understanding is it reduces PO4 mainly by promoting biofilm/ bacteria and this bacteria is consumed by corals:
1716687471117.jpeg

Bit more information:
1716687511408.png

I suspect the bacteria will use up trace elements as well.
I'm also curious about contents of min S and organic as far as elemental values. What metals , halogens etc included?

Since it is made off sea critters, I don’t think they would know the exact composition, but Molybdenum is known element found in plankton, frozen foods etc:
1716688431168.jpeg

Here is MinS published composition:
1716687868707.jpeg

For reference I do use MinS but I use 1 drop once a week. I used to use FM Organic but since I am using FM Balling Light system I didn’t find much benefit with Organic. Just my observation.

Corals do have the shine:
1716688715268.jpeg

1716688759936.jpeg

1716688813070.jpeg

Over the years I found out that too much of trace elements coming from different sources can be detrimental. They can build up and limitation seems to work better.

Good luck,

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 112 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 41 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back