Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome article!

BlueWorldJeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Julian Sprung uses C-Balance A & B which are dosed every 10 minutes to keep the alkalinity in his tank as stable as possible and to maximize coral growth. "

I'm interested in learning more about this dosing schedule. Is this every 10 minutes for 24 hours a day? Does he stagger the A and B?

Micksfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well said Mike.
Have always loved your tanks and write ups. And this article does not disappoint.

Urbanknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @MikePaletta! My head is swimming with all that great information. I have been thinking about playing with my lighting schedule. The evidence is there that what I was thinking of doing may work. Great insight from the selected "Masters."

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @MikePaletta, This is all good information and proves there are many ways to keep our systems. I have worked to keep mine simple and consistent. This proves that if you want to make a change to equipment or even livestock do it slowly and one change at a time. Some people I think get bored when they don't have to fiddle with their setup and then make changes just for something to do. I am one that thinks, what can I change to improve things, but then you have to think improve what. My list has been simple, keep on going cost down, keep it stable and make maintenance as easy as possible. It is funny for me as changes happened in my life, I could not just go buy something new anymore because I wanted the newest available piece of equipment. Now every time I think about it, I only do so because there was a valid reason. Everything has now become more stable and as the tank becomes more mature coral growth and color keeps improving. I don't do real water change where I change out a particular amount of water on a periodic basis but since I normally skim on the wet side I do have to maintain salinity so I go through enough salt that would be equivalent to 10 percent every 30-60 days. The two articles just seem to help remind us what is really important stability.

gregkn73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great article. Can you reveal how much flow they use? I red at the first article that some use, as low as 12-14 times their overall tank volume.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing write up Mike !!! Think you should share pictures and details about your tank too !! For many others here , you are in the same league as the great masters here :)

Regards,
Abhishek

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back