Food for Mandarin

Brandon Rush

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've looked around for a food to feed my green mandarin as I quarantine him. No where seems to carry nurtamar ova. Any other recommendations? Am I gonna need to do pods everyday?

ReefReady9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did they feed him at the fish store, if you bought it at local store. Try frozenmusics, maybe it eats it. If not, you can get to train it to eat it by mixing it with live mysis.

OP
OP
Brandon Rush

Brandon Rush

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did they feed him at the fish store, if you bought it at local store. Try frozenmusics, maybe it eats it. If not, you can get to train it to eat it by mixing it with live mysis.

It was eating pods

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a mandarin pods should always be available even if the fish is eating other foods. I believe that's overlooked quite a bit. I'd highly recommend reef nutrition foods like copepod max, mysis max, roe, tigger feast, etc. Also, check out TDO chroma boost small pellets

Last edited:

YellowFinsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always get mandarins to eat LRS fish eggs. Ive been using that as a substitute for nutramar ova. I hope that helps.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a mandarin pods should always be available even if the fish is eating other foods. I believe that's overlooked quite a bit. I'd highly recommend reef nutrition foods like copepod max, mysis max, roe, tigger feast, etc. Also, check out TDO chroma boost small pellets

"Copepod Max" and "Mysis Max" are made by one of our competitors. We have Arcti-Pods and Mysis-Feast, as well as R.O.E. and Tigger-Feast, as mentioned. I just want to make sure everyone sees this so that there is no confusion. Thanks for the recommendation!

Chad

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Copepod Max" and "Mysis Max" are made by one of our competitors. We have Arcti-Pods and Mysis-Feast, as well as R.O.E. and Tigger-Feast, as mentioned. I just want to make sure everyone sees this so that there is no confusion. Thanks for the recommendation!

Chad
Whoops, my apolagies! Thanks chad

OP
OP
Brandon Rush

Brandon Rush

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do y

Do you know if using these will be provide sufficient food?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back