Food for possum wrasse

NortheastReefer97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if there is any frozen food out there sized in between baby brine shrimp and mysis? The possum wrasse is still a juvenile and does go after mysis with vigor, but it usually spits out around half. I think the mysis might be a little too big, it also seems to go after bbs but i find my nutrients spike when i feed that as its the only fish that goes after it.

As an aside, this possum wrasse is an amazing fish. Super interesting behaviours to watch, constantly hunting pods.

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut frozen mysis in half. I did that for mine and he surp them right up. Also get some live pods he will enjoy and it's nice to watch him hunt them.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mysis, krill, plankton, and eggs to mine. All San Francisco Bay brand. The eggs may work. You could try rotifers also. I put that in the tank more for coral, but I believe the wrasse eats them, too. And I wouldn't give up on bbs. I feed bbs throughout quarantine to small fish like the wrasse, and they seem to thrive off of them.

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine only hunted pods for 2 days, then following the lead of my Swiss Guard Bassalet he started eating pieces of mysis mine is also juvenile and the frozen brine, two types i used with with phytoplankton enhanced and one just gut loaded brine. He eats both small bites and then goes back to hunting pods. Where can I purchase more live pods to restock my 30 gallon system?

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine loves LRS reef blend. Got him eating that and now he eats flake, LRS, brine and anything else I feed the tank. Got him about 3 years ago he is the smallest fish in the tank but rolls around all day eating.
I have mine with a Swiss guard bassalet, I want to add another fish, what do you recommend?

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly mine does fine with all fish. He’s the most peaceful fish I have. From Several large tangs, clowns and several wrasses. He minds his business and does his thing. Beautiful fish I don’t think you will have a problem adding more fish. He even lets my cleaner wrasse clean him every morning.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back