0   0   0
PC Superman
untitled (33 of 121).jpg

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's that tank coming along? Curious what your running in the various in-sump reactors?

OP
OP
Foothill Corals

Foothill Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have not really kept up on this build thread. it's been a busy summer and I did not work on the tank much.

One change I did just make recently though is down sizing my powerheads from 2x 6105 plus 2x 6095 I am now running 4x 6095 in two "V" patterns on the back wall. This seems to work well.

Here are a few quick not very good pics just to document were the tank is rite now.
untitled (3 of 11).jpg
untitled (6 of 11).jpg
untitled (10 of 11).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Foothill Corals

Foothill Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ARC Ultra Mille

I thought I had killed this when I first got it. I blasted it with too much light and it bleached really bad. Six months ago it was still stark white, one of the two branches had no polyps showing and it was covered in a lite coat of brown algae. It was like that for many months. At first I was going to toss it, then i thought I would cut off the branch that seemed dead but in the end I just left it alone and gave it a chance. It seems mostly recovered now. I don't even know were the polyps came from, I guess they were there the whole time? Never give up on an Acro they will surprise you sometimes. I wish I had a before picture.

untitled (16 of 18).jpg

OP
OP
Foothill Corals

Foothill Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update, I changed the flow again. It’s really difficult getting even flow throughout the tank without putting pumps on the side walls wich I don’t want to do. I added two Seasweeps with 6095s plus two Mp40s (all on the back wall) and so far the corals love it. Some corals that have been stunted have started to grow and others that I thought where happy are getting better color.

OP
OP
Foothill Corals

Foothill Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy how much growth you've had in a year. My little 20 long has grown out, but nothing like that. I fought low phosphates like you did, but through 2 rounds of dino and cyano. Well done, fellow Roseville reefer!

Thanks, the tank needs some trimming its getting a bit out of control in areas. I fragged the Zoas a several months back and left them on the bottom and now they are taking over.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back