For those of you switching away from Tropic Marin Pro…

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have already been contemplating not using TMP purely to just cut down on costs. The whole Turkey batches solidified that. Though I never got any batches made in Turkey, it is just another reason for me to make that push.

For those who are not going to use it anymore, what are you switching to?

scottj6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat as you. I picked up a small bag of Fritz on sale and dont like it as its really dirty so I have some Brightwell Neomarine coming and will try that.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat as you. I picked up a small bag of Fritz on sale and dont like it as its really dirty so I have some Brightwell Neomarine coming and will try that.
I’ve found Fritz to be one of the cleaner salts (at least compared to IO or even Red Sea).

OP
OP
sanzz18

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ll look into Fritz, never really did. Also heard great things about Brightwell. I believe the last Reef of the month used it, not 100% sure though.

Went back to regular instant ocean here. Tank and all corals saw immediate improvements, and have just been getting better and better since I switched.
and I get almost twice as much salt.

Awesome, you just mix it up and supplement to your parameters that you like? I have been in between RS blue bucket or regular instant

I’ve found Fritz to be one of the cleaner salts (at least compared to IO or even Red Sea).

Less brown crap in the mixing bin?

bmkid1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im switching to red sea blue bucket. I used to use RS Pro but was too high levels for me. Blue bucket was pretty similar to what I like to run and its cheaper; win win!

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll look into Fritz, never really did. Also heard great things about Brightwell. I believe the last Reef of the month used it, not 100% sure though.

Awesome, you just mix it up and supplement to your parameters that you like? I have been in between RS blue bucket or regular instant

Yes, for me it’s always mixed pretty cleanly and very quickly.

OP
OP
sanzz18

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also need to make sure it can stay stored for about 2 weeks because I mix 50g at a time and do daily AWCs.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, for me it’s always mixed pretty cleanly and very quickly.
My experience with Fritz was similar in that aspect. It dis mix up pretty quickly, but I don’t think it’s very clean. I still have a barrel that has a white residue from it. Also, our local club had a widespread problem of it losing alkalinity over time. It would mix up at 8 and drop to 6 over 24-48 hours. When we contacted Fritz, they told us that it is intended to be used immediately and not sit. That works for some people but not for me. I mix it up and store it for when I need to do water changes.

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use tropic marin, switched before all of the turkey stuff came out though.
I switched to fritz rpm, found it easy to mix and seems pretty clean, my mixing containers dont really have any residue in them. Although other people have mixed opinions on this.
The other salt i looked at was aquaforest reef salt, heard good things on that one, ultimately went with fritz because it was cheaper.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive always stuck with red sea blue bucket, havent really heard of any issues with it, maybe a little residue for mixing stations but i mix in a trash can and clean it every time so i have never noticed any

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hw marinemix was pretty good as well, im gonna need to check it out if it goes on sale, i need to buy new salt right now

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I find no need to supplement as I only have a mixed reef

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back