For those who are new to anemones…

karliecunha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this HUGE carpet anemone at petco they were actually floating it in the bag so I asked if I could take it that way to reduce stress and they agreed. Once I got it into my temporary tank it was even bigger than I thought lol. The next day it deflated completely, guts out and melted, I was absolutely sure it was going to die. This morning I wake up and it’s completely opened up and huge again ‍♀️ This thread is for anyone that’s scared of their new anemone not surviving. As long as the water parameters are great you should usually be successful, but there is no guarantee if it is already previously sick. My friend actually named it Coochie, so this is Coochie the carpet anemone.

70494936101__166A0D56-9676-4F95-A04B-91954E8D008E.jpeg IMG_2440.jpeg IMG_2441.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mouth still appears to be gaping. Many who keep carpets will have cipro on hand and recommend treatment when nems come in distressed.

Also with carpet they require serious lighting. Some even have lighting at 3 to 4x that of SPS levels.

While parameters are important, tank age, lighting and research are just as important.

OP
OP
K

karliecunha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mouth still appears to be gaping. Many who keep carpets will have cipro on hand and recommend treatment when nems come in distressed.

Also with carpet they require serious lighting. Some even have lighting at 3 to 4x that of SPS levels.

While parameters are important, tank age, lighting and research are just as important.
Yes it is still gaping so far it has been closing slowly only been 2 days since I got it and I am also treating it. Came in a very small bag with little water so it went through tons of stress during shipping.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 68 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back