Fork tail Blenny not Eating

HighDefAquaria

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2025
Messages
68
Reaction score
70
Location
404 Brook pl unit D wolfforth
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have had this Blenny for 3 weeks and cannot get it to eat. It’s starting to waste away. The fish is not showing any stress from aggression and no fish are picking on it. I’ve tried adding live pods/roe/calanus/LRS/ chroma boost TDO/ Vitalis pellets/ Nori.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
20260501_145318_2C658138-F314-4278-AF99-BFCFDD7B455F.png
 
Hello I have had this Blenny for 3 weeks and cannot get it to eat. It’s starting to waste away. The fish is not showing any stress from aggression and no fish are picking on it. I’ve tried adding live pods/roe/calanus/LRS/ chroma boost TDO/ Vitalis pellets/ Nori.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
20260501_145318_2C658138-F314-4278-AF99-BFCFDD7B455F.png

Tough to see under blue lights, but it seems very thin. Fish don’t have good fat reserves, so 3 weeks without food may be too much for it to survive. Starving fish use their livers for energy, and that damage just isn’t repairable.

If you’re sure the tank is stable (if other fish and invertebrates are doing well) then the fault lies with the fish itself. It could have cyanide damage from collection, or some internal issue like a blockage.

Unlikely to work, but you could try live baby brine shrimp…..
 
1777677691355.jpeg


I remember my Blenny ate rather small foods. Have you tried the small frozen fish eggs, to see whether you get any feeding response?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new