forrealb50's favorites!

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
363
Location
Raleigh, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to start a thread to keep track of my favorite corals and document growth. I don't have a huge collection (yet). But I hope you still enjoy.

Here goes...

IMG_7955.jpg


IMG_7950.jpg


IMG_7949.jpg


IMG_7947.jpg


IMG_7945.jpg


IMG_7941.jpg


fungia.jpg


_-6.jpg


_-2.jpg
 
Very nice! I'm jealous. I am looking forward to the progress.
 
That's a great way to start off a collection! Good luck!

Very nice! I'm jealous. I am looking forward to the progress.

Thanks! I have some crazy stuff coming in next week. Can't wait and I'll make sure to post some pics. Now I need to figure out a way to get macro shots of the sps in the back of the tank...
 
Stunning collection!! Thanks for sharing!
 
Thanks! I'm going to try to get some more pics tonight.
 
Very nice pics and collection you have!! Would love to figure out how to take pics like that. LOL

Thank you. I don't have a fancy camera. I use a Canon G11 which is around $350-$400 range and Lightroom to to fix the white balance. I don't have macro lens and that is why they are a little blurry. I do put a quick egg crate frag rack in and shut the power heads off to take the picture right though the water. It's pretty simple.
 
I really like that too!!!! ;)
 
I just ordered the Gryphon Diamond Blade Wet Saw so I can make some more frags.
 
Awesome collection!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new