Forum Lurker finally joining

Welcome to R2R and thank you for the introduction!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Pics are coming, along with requests for help with what will be self-evident current problems with the tank -- namely an abundance of green turf algae (which I mistakenly thought was GHA for too many weeks and finally started treating with Vibrant) and a new issue of crumbling rock (rescued tank means I'm digging for clues to determine what kind of rock I have and why it started to resemble Swiss cheese today). Regarding the rock, my first instinct is to bring a water sample to the LFS to test for Calcium levels, though it may be a case of too little, too late. The tank is a bit of an ugly duckling at the moment, but I know there is a swan in there somewhere.
 
Hello from Florida! I am a newbie to aquariums, six months ago I jumped into the deep end and adopted a struggling 40 gallon FOWLR tank and its inhabitants. The tank had not seen a water change or top off in months, so the Reef2Reef forums have been a lifesaver in teaching me how to safely care for and rehab the tank and its occupants -- I still have a lot to learn, but I'm enjoying the journey.
Welcome! Good luck bringing the tank back!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new