OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They like the undersides of rocks. Caves.
I have been leaning towards it being a ricordia... it’s pretty small still. I am moving it a little this weekend. I am going to put it on Is own “bigger” rock and try to give it a little more light.

I have to take pictures Of it and blow them up to see that detail in him. I can’t really see any of that just looking directly at him : )

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so... this guy got a new home. It’s been 24 hours in the pics below I moved him after lights out last night. I glues his tiny rock to a live rock about the size of 2 golf balls? ... a lil smaller..? Ish. He is at the same height he was before the move. Almost exactly, 4” from the bottom of my tank. ...a little more flow (barely). But, he just got a full day of direct light. I know I stressed him out pretty bad. I am hoping this works and I won’t have to move him again.

Thoughts?

7180A79C-D7A7-4C4E-BAE0-DA7D7DD2DC85.jpeg
C081C265-6153-451B-972C-428C05B24844.jpeg

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new pic of this lil dude... a much better pic : ) but... I see something in this pic that I really do not understand... we have not positively identified him yet. He may still be too young for that. No worries.

what is that red blood looking stuff underneath him?

ABE37CCD-10E6-49FB-BD2E-0FE0C94C6184.jpeg

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s definitely looking like a mushroom now. Maybe the red stuff is a sponge? Have you touched it?
That would be really hard to touch... The entire coral is the size of a pea... 2 peas. Everytime I‘ve handled it so far, I used a pair of tweezers on the little rock he is actually growing on. So, no... I have never touched it.

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not really sure. Looks too bright red for cyano...and an odd place to show up.
It’s very small... I am super zoomed in on that pic... I also enhanced the color a bit in Lightroom. Otherwise, we would probably not see it at all... I’ll keep an eye on it : )

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back