Fowleri tang disease

Michaelreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He had been sedentary for a few days and was eating less. There was no sign on his body, but I feel like he was breathing fast. He has not eaten at all since yesterday. He comes to the food but then spits it out and the inside of his mouth turns red.What is the disease? What should I do?

Attachments

• 20210913_191510.mp4
    8.9 MB
  • 20210913_192419.mp4
    43.8 MB

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the fish? Any other new additions? What is your QT regimen?

The breathing rate makes me worry about gill flukes, but that's just a shot in the dark.

OP
OP
M

Michaelreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the fish? Any other new additions? What is your QT regimen?

The breathing rate makes me worry about gill flukes, but that's just a shot in the dark.
I have been maintaining it for almost 3 years.
Yes, he breathes fast.
I am currently using copramine.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that's probably pertinent information here don't you think?

What were you attempting to treat with the copper?
What concentration? Did you add additional aeration?
Exactly this.

The fact your currently treating with copper is definitely a vital piece of information here.

OP
OP
M

Michaelreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that's probably pertinent information here don't you think?

What were you attempting to treat with the copper?
What concentration? Did you add additional aeration?
Yes, I increased the aeration.
Since I had experienced oodinium disease before, I decided to use copper.
I do not know if it is true or not
The dose is 0.5.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I increased the aeration.
Since I had experienced oodinium disease before, I decided to use copper.
I do not know if it is true or not
The dose is 0.5.
When did your tank have velvet?

You need to give us more information bud. Paint the picture. Would be helpful to have the last 60 days of all history on the tank

OP
OP
M

Michaelreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You need to give us more information bud. Paint the picture. Would be helpful to have the last 60 days of all history on the tank
I saw this disease in the tank last year. Unfortunately, despite the use of copper in the tank, the disease was not cured. In the end, I had to transfer all the fish to the QT and after complete treatment and complete disinfection of the tank, start it from the beginning. To.

OP
OP
M

Michaelreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is my favorite fish. It was very lively and active. Suddenly it became immobile and discolored and it has not eaten for a few days, even the spirulina scales! Of course, both this fish and another of my fish butterflies, sometimes Sometimes they rubbed their bodies against the sand.

OP
OP
M

Michaelreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I used copramine in the tank, but I have not seen any changes so far. (From 7 days ago)
Other fish breathe normally

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He had been sedentary for a few days and was eating less. There was no sign on his body, but I feel like he was breathing fast. He has not eaten at all since yesterday. He comes to the food but then spits it out and the inside of his mouth turns red.What is the disease? What should I do?
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The tang is breathing fast and has some skin discoloration. Three common causes for this are: Amyloodinium, flukes or water quality problems. Lack of oxygen can also cause rapid breathing, but generally does not cause skin discoloration.
I think we need more history about the fish and your tank. The link below my name here lists the kind of additional information that is helpful for us to know.
To start with, if you tank doesn’t have active aeration, something breaking the surface of the water, you should add that now.
How long have you had the Meyer butterflyfish? Is it eating for you?
Jay

OP
OP
M

Michaelreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

The tang is breathing fast and has some skin discoloration. Three common causes for this are: Amyloodinium, flukes or water quality problems. Lack of oxygen can also cause rapid breathing, but generally does not cause skin discoloration.
I think we need more history about the fish and your tank. The link below my name here lists the kind of additional information that is helpful for us to know.
To start with, if you tank doesn’t have active aeration, something breaking the surface of the water, you should add that now.
How long have you had the Meyer butterflyfish? Is it eating for you?
Jay
I have added aeration.
I have a Mayer butterfly for a week.
Yes, it eats. It eats spirulina. Fortunately
Can I increase the dose of copper?
Could it be gill parasite?
Why didn't copper destroy it?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dose is 0.5.
Are you measuring that in the tank with a copper test kit? The rock and sand will absorb some and make the concentration tricky.
Could be flukes. Copper isn't standard procedure for those. A dip, for relief, followed by some dewormer like PraziPro, is the common treatment. You can put Prazi in the display. I have also mixed it with copper in a hospital tank with no problem.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have added aeration.
I have a Mayer butterfly for a week.
Yes, it eats. It eats spirulina. Fortunately
Can I increase the dose of copper?
What copper product are you using? What test kit? You need to get to a full dose right away, but not an overdose. Flukes need to be treated using praziquantel. I think you can rule out water quality issues at this point.
Jay

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back