FOWLR / Aggressive Tank Section??

BurlyWizard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to request a tank-section forum be created for FOWLR / Aggressive tanks.

I'm aware this is a "reef" forum. It's right in the name. But another very popular "Reef" forum, which is now defunct had a sizeable and active Fish Only With Live Rock (FOWLR) and Aggressive tank section. I know R2R has an Aggressive Fish discussion forum, but a large portion of those are asking questions related to "Is XYZ fish reef safe?" and not related to those fish in a non-reef tank.

My arguments are as follows:
  1. We have tank sections for Nano, Cube, and All In One (AIO) separately despite massive overlap there, and this would have almost 0 overlap to the rest of the site.
  2. "The other forum" had over 675 pages of FOWLR content on their forum. It was very active.
  3. There is literally nowhere else on the internet to add all of this content that once had a home (and if there is, please tell me because I have a 300g build planned).
  4. There are huge amounts of triggers, puffers, angels, etc. that get almost no support or coverage in a reef only forum
  5. Even if it isn't as active as "General Reef Discussion", it would at least add some new users (see: "Supporters") to the site

Note: I understand technically a FOWLR can fall under the "Large" and "Monster" gallon requirements, but in general it's a bit confusing what goes where. For example, a 190 gallon cube could go in Member Tanks, Cube Aquariums, or Large Aquariums. Also it's a bit strange to have Nano, and Large, but not a section for 55g, 75g, 90g, 120g, 150g which are all very common sizes. However, these are less concerning because it's more organization than a lack of a home for content, as FOWLR tanks experience today.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back