Foxface and kole tang in QT compatible?

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently failed my 2nd fallow period and im planning on taking out the kole tang, pintail wrasse and 2 flame hawks from my DT yet again ( last time i will do this ). The issue is that i also have a melanarus wrasse in a 10 gallon QT and have an established 20 gallon QT where i had all those fish before. I got a pair of stormclowns a flame wrasse and a one spot foxface that are also coming this friday. I was planning on having the two clowns and melanarus wrasse in the 10 gallon for the 3 months, and the the other fish in the 20 gallon. The kole tang is about 4 inches and the one spot foxface that is arriving is a juvi idk if that will be an issue. I am space limited and simply cannot add another QT tank. What do you guys suggest?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree and think you are good. Foxface are great; nobody messes with them, and they don't mess with anybody. Plus, once settled in, that fish can pound some algae. I get some wire algae on my frag disks and that guy drags them all over the place eating it off. A relentless herbivore.

Just keep in mind they can deliver a nasty sting with those dorsal spines. Mine are very used to my arms in the tank and I don't sweat it much but the threat is real if they get spooked.

Marc, I think you are an ich superspreader. Mask and gloves from now on! :)

Third time will be a charm brother.

OP
OP
Marc2952

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree and think you are good. Foxface are great; nobody messes with them, and they don't mess with anybody. Plus, once settled in, that fish can pound some algae. I get some wire algae on my frag disks and that guy drags them all over the place eating it off. A relentless herbivore.

Just keep in mind they can deliver a nasty sting with those dorsal spines. Mine are very used to my arms in the tank and I don't sweat it much but the threat is real if they get spooked.

Marc, I think you are an ich superspreader. Mask and gloves from now on! :)

Third time will be a charm brother.
Scott you have helped me a ton brotha yea hopefully this is the last time i gotta deal with this lol i noticed my tang started getting some skin irritation the 2nd time i had him in copper ( maybe over exposure? ) im gonna get him real fed prior to putting back on tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back