Foxface coloration

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a one spot foxface about a week ago. Fish is out and about going to town on GHA. Seems a bit skittish with an adorned wrasse in the tank. Has been showing mottled color since I got him in the tank at home. At the LFS was bright in his coloration. Is it normal for the fish to still be settling in? Even after almost a week. He will sometimes go yellow and then change back to his mottled coloration. Trying to get a picture but he runs when I get near the tank.

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I breath wrong my boy changes colors and hides…and his hiding spot….well….

B825FE79-43F3-4F8E-AF85-36B8453F3CB8.jpeg

A137D9F9-D90A-4C49-A4C1-99B268725892.jpeg

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good! That makes me feel better! I was so surprised when he was in the tank with a large tang and was bright and yellow. What a weenie fish for being so “bad” with his spines haha

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are the biggest babies, scared of their own shadow. It took mine close to a year to be ok when I come up to the tank, even now he still sometimes hides. Give him lots of time to settle in, also the more fish there are (peaceful fish) the more comfortable they will feel. Mine became a totally different fish when got fully stocked

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine stayed molted only about less than 2 days and is almost constantly yellow now, except at night when he goes to sleep. How big is your tank, and do you have any fish who could stress him? These fish look big but they are fairly skittish and are not aggressive at all. They can get stressed easily.

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine stayed molted only about less than 2 days and is almost constantly yellow now, except at night when he goes to sleep. How big is your tank, and do you have any fish who could stress him? These fish look big but they are fairly skittish and are not aggressive at all. They can get stressed easily.
Mine was like that but then I decided to switch from bare bottom to sand bed and he never trusted me after that. I had to remove a lot of water rearrange some things and what not. So now he is always skittish. I try to feed him treats when he sees me watching him. He will get over it eventually just not a quick process.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back