FRAG SWAP 4/7/19

https://www.omegasea.net/

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
@acer, what positions do you still need to fill for volunteers? I can help with taking tickets and or parking. I will ask Dave if he will help too.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
vlangel - I have not yet assigned anything specific because of the lack of volunteers - I will put you on the list now - thanks. I will have the volunteer stuff organized and ready to be assign at the next club meeting on March 16th. The positions are - at least from what I have figured out "in a perfect world":

1) Raffle duties: ticket sales during the swap (2 people) , organization/setup before the swap begins (1 person) , keeping the ticket buckets in place and not overflowing during the swap ( 1 person) , giving the winner the prize after it is announced ( 1 person) , and mic duty announcing winners - Jaime's voice works well for the Mic duty - so that position is taken. Total= 5 people for raffle.

2) Parking lot duties as required by our contract with Washington Country Fairgrounds ( pointing to where the parking spaces are, etc.) - 3 people from 11 am - 2pm , then 1-2 people on second shift form 1 pm-5pm . Total = 5 people for parking lot.

3) Entrance table duties: 2 -3 people to begin from 11am- 1pm collecting entrance fees and giving them a wrist band ( anybody know where to get wrist bands??), then second shift from 1pm-5pm would be 1-2 people. Total = 5 for entrance table.

4) Membership table duties: We will set this table up with a banner over it before the entrance table as we are offering anybody that joins the club or pays their dues ( $30/yr) to get into the swap for free. So, this table will be taking money and giving out wrist bands and if possible making the laminated membership cards as well - we may need 2 or 3 people at this table for the first shift 11am -2pm ,then 1-2 people 1 pm -5pm. Total 5 people for membership table.

5) Initial setup - helping vendors , putting up banners and entrance and membership tables, signs in parking lot, etc. (8 Am - noon).. Need 2 people for this besides Jaime and I being there.

That totals 22 people "in a perfect world". I think we have about 5-6 people besides the 7 board members currently. Not including you or your hubby, Carrie's hubby, or Fetta who contacted me today and volunteered.

****** OOH YA- volunteers will be getting a free "3RMAS T-shirt" to wear at the swap based on the digital flyer that Justin made. Please contact me for sizes. This is the current design - pending board approval.

fragswapshirt_blue.jpg

Corals.com

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
just let me know what you need from me :)

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Ted, I can not make the next club meeting as Dave and I will be in Greece, (mission trip). I can get the details somehow since we live fairly close to each other. Let me know what I can do. I am willing to help Friday night too if that helps.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Ted, I can not make the next club meeting as Dave and I will be in Greece, (mission trip). I can get the details somehow since we live fairly close to each other. Let me know what I can do. I am willing to help Friday night too if that helps.
U mean Saturday night, remember the swap is on a Sunday.

Earn WWC Rewards Points

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
OK we now have a full staff of volunteers- Thank you all.

It looks like we wont be able to start setup Saturday until late night= 11 PM. I already have 2 people that have volunteered to help initial setup Saturday night , but 1 or 2 more wont hurt. Let me know if anybody can help for an hour Saturday night setting up our membership table ( attaching our banner to the table ,etc. ), the entrance table , and the raffle tables ( start making signs for each item and attaching them to a ticket holder/bucket) = April 6 at 11 Pm. Whatever we get done then will make things go much smoother the next day. I think only one vendor wants access Saturday night.

*********More raffle items have been donated:

- Aquaworld donated gift certificates- very generously - we thank you : https://www.aquaworldpsc.com/

- Coral essentials have committed to sending products as well. https://bluelifeusa.com/coral-essentials/

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Volunteer assignments/Timing of event

Saturday night setup (11 PM )- Ted, Jaime, Dawn & Dave

Sunday 8 Am setup = Ted , Graham, Alex ( anybody who wants to help out)

Parking lot ( these volunteers must meet with fairground director prior to event)

first shift 11-1 = Ivan, Jeff, Tim ( busiest)

Second shift-1-3= Jay ,Steve. ( coming and going )

Third shift 3-5= Shawn and Diane ( exit only)

Membership table = First shift 11-1 = Carrie, John,

Second shift 1-3 = Milan, Milan’s husband

Third shift 3-5 = Ted, Graham, Alex

Raffle table = first shift 11- 1 = Erin, Erin’s Daughters { First raffle = 1 pm ( Jaime on mic)}

Second shift 1-3= Kyle , Kyle’s brother { second raffle at 2 and third raffle at 3 - after show}

Third shift 3-4 = Mark, Greg ( last raffle at 4 PM)

Animal Show occurs after 2:00 raffle = Grant = 30=45 minutes

Food truck will arrive at 10:30 AM and will offer discount to anybody wearing the new 3RMAS t shirt.

EDIT - After talking to the fairgrounds again - it appears we no longer have to have the parking lot attendants arrange to talk to the director for the fairgrounds. Yeah!! so we will see you all at the swap - please be at your assigned areas a few minutes before your assigned times. Thank you all once again.

Last edited:
Earn WWC Rewards Points
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
No no no he is going to look awesome covered in some cyphastrea in my tank.

https://www.omegasea.net/

Do you run TWO return pumps for redundancy and to be safe? (check all that apply)

• Yes I run two return pumps..

Votes: 119 21.6%
  • No it's a waste..

Votes: 63 11.5%
  • No but I would like to..

Votes: 132 24.0%
  • No but I have a spare return pump...

Votes: 266 48.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors