Fragging BJD WallHammer

Zaxh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I apologize to those active members who have seen me most about this.

My wall hammer got BJD after my Heater malfunctioned.

I’ve dosed reflux, iodine, and hydrogen peroxide and it’s in a bowl as I don’t have quarantine. My question is. Would it be worth attempting to frag the wall hammer with a dremmel? Both ends are infected so u would dremmel each side off, and glue the newly cut sides immediately to protect it even further. Is it worth a try?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell without it being open in the water.. those particular “wall” hammers are notorious for being hard to keep in captivity as it is… so doing what you suggest might not work.. but I feel you have nothing to lose so might as well try and maybe get lucky… good luck!

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is going to die from BJD so you have nothing to loose, though if you have other LPS in that tank they will be at risk, maybe after fragging you can keep it in a bucket full of tank water and an airstone to monitor it?

OP
OP
Zaxh

Zaxh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is going to die from BJD so you have nothing to loose, though if you have other LPS in that tank they will be at risk, maybe after fragging you can keep it in a bucket full of tank water and an airstone to monitor it?
Currently have over $1000 in LPS in my mixed reef, I’ve been looking for ways to take a preventative measure besides taking all of them out of the tank. Is there anything I can dose?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wall hammers are one that will challenge even the most experienced hobbyist and and need good water quality, steady calcium levels and indirect flow and moderate to medium lighting. They stress easily when conditions change, even with a water change

OP
OP
Zaxh

Zaxh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wall hammers are one that will challenge even the most experienced hobbyist and and need good water quality, steady calcium levels and indirect flow and moderate to medium lighting. They stress easily when conditions change, even with a water change
It was thriving in my tank and it grew so much from when I first had it. My tank transfer went wrong after my heater malfunctioned in the night.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It was thriving in my tank and it grew so much from when I first had it. My tank transfer went wrong after my heater malfunctioned in the night.
As mention, when there is a change, they dont thrive well.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have over $1000 in LPS in my mixed reef, I’ve been looking for ways to take a preventative measure besides taking all of them out of the tank. Is there anything I can dose?
Is the one hammer worth disrupting the rest of your stock?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back