Fragging Palys and Mushrooms

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2020
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
969
Location
Alexandria
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag I bought from a local reefer with Paly's (furthest to the left in photo) on them but he gave me a concrete frag plug... Almost hate it as much as the plastic one I got recently with my candy cane coral... What would be the best way to remove the Paly's from the frag? He had them growing on the back wall and said he removed them with a razor blade. I'm hesitant to do that knowing about the potential for toxins or damaging them too much.

Also, I have a fairly porous live rock that has been taken over by mushroom corals. I want to remove them and then get them to take foot on some random rubble I have. What would be the best method of removing them from the current rock? I have a thing of Tupperware set aside with bridal veil to try and frag them to the rubble.

I think I'm going to leave some of them because Big Belly Benny the Bi-Color Blenny uses it as a couch sometimes...

Thanks in advance!

image0.jpeg image1.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new