OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
po4 at .56?? That’s quite high and would be a factor in algae issues.
My pho’s is constantly high but all coral and live stock grow very well and healthy so I stopped worrying about phosphates but making sure they don’t go off the chart

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So couple things based on your previous threads with issues.

don’t use nsw, even 5-10 miles out yourgoing to introduce stuff you don’t want. Not if, but when...

ditch the goldfish gravel, it just traps crap and hence you now have nutrient issues and in turn algae is taking over.

sailfin tang does belong in a tank less than I’d say 120 gallons. It’s going to outgrow that tank and quick and just add to your nutrient levels

yes, your po4 is already off the charts. I believe Hanna only only goes to like .613, the Ike one anyway. Your corals may be fine now since they are mainly easy/hardy stuff but unless you get that algae and nutrients in check they are going to be over an by algae and die.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dom
OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where do you get your water from?
You have never read any of my post have you?? Anyway my brother in Aquarium Hobby I get my water from about 10 miles offshore in some beautiful blue Atlantic Sea Ocean,, I’m a commercial fisherman and I take advantage of being able to do so,, I get the bacteria most hobbyist pay 20 dollars for 12oz bottles lol,, thanks for ur inquiry

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s just fine and happy , you not need to worry yourself about my fish, I take excellent care of my family in a box

as a community that cares for the well being of our fish, I’d say we do need to worry.

sounds you like you have all the answers and don’t want any help. So have fun with the algae!!

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have never read any of my post have you?? Anyway my brother in Aquarium Hobby I get my water from about 10 miles offshore in some beautiful blue Atlantic Sea Ocean,, I’m a commercial fisherman and I take advantage of being able to do so,, I get the bacteria most hobbyist pay 20 dollars for 12oz bottles lol,, thanks for ur inquiry

pretty sure I addressed the 5-10 miles out thing.

I live in FL and go offshore fishing in my boat in the Atlantic, I wouldn’t bring any water home lol

MikeRizz88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is starting to get personal, you asked for help. Many of us are trying to address your issue and what worked for us. But seems like you got it handled. Good luck

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So couple things based on your previous threads with issues.

don’t use nsw, even 5-10 miles out yourgoing to introduce stuff you don’t want. Not if, but when...

ditch the goldfish gravel, it just traps crap and hence you now have nutrient issues and in turn algae is taking over.

sailfin tang does belong in a tank less than I’d say 120 gallons. It’s going to outgrow that tank and quick and just add to your nutrient levels

yes, your po4 is already off the charts. I believe Hanna only only goes to like .6. Your corals may be fine now since they are mainly easy/hardy stuff but unless you get that algae and nutrients in check they are going to be over an by algae and die.
Sorry I don’t agree First I’ve used NSW for 2yrs and Never had a problem Second the sailfin will be going to a friend when time comes, doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy him now. Third the fruity pebbles are there because when first started I was gonna go all fake stuff then changed mind, I’m switching to bigger tank(not by much-65) and have proper substrate within a week. And fourth my pho’s is down to .35 now holding steady. And lasts my algae problems are going away rather nicely I’d say 85% gone
I also accomplished something unusual I’ve done well at a tank temp at 71-72 n half degrees

3BFBA6D8-6411-49BD-B271-2D456311944F.png

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is starting to get personal, you asked for help. Many of us are trying to address your issue and what worked for us. But seems like you got it handled. Good luck
I didn’t make it personal I answered all questions honestly and got jumped all over and I’m the kind of guy to defend myself
And I always appreciate people’s advice and help it’s how I got as far as I did

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2weeks ago ???? and ur posting things with unpleasant tone to me. Slow ur roll brother

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as a community that cares for the well being of our fish, I’d say we do need to worry.

sounds you like you have all the answers and don’t want any help. So have fun with the algae!!
Sorry did I hurt ur feelings

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you pull your rocks to scrub them, spray them with 3% hydrogen peroxide, rinse with rodi (or natural seawater) and then return to the tank. Keeping algae from taking hold versus removing it after it's established often require different steps.

It's common for dinos pass right through filtration and reform hours within scrubbing the rocks. I don't know if you have dinos and with your high NO3 and PO4 I wouldn't suspect them. But I do know from first hand experience, from following @brandon429 rip clean threads, that physically scrubbing the rocks and spraying affected area with H2O2 (like surgically to avoid spraying the corals) outside the tank can turbo charge ridding the tank of the nuisance.

Also. rethink the lighting. I am grasping at my memory, but I faintly recall, low lighting might benefit the algae over the corals. I think (so perhaps someone can validate or discredit my thoughts here ) you might be better off with 2 shorter but more intense light schedules if you are running the long schedule to enjoy the tank within your schedule.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MODS please close this thread ASAP,, thank you

no need. Just watch out for "tone" especially when you perceive criticism directed to you. There will usually be bad or uniformed advice in the help threads. Just say thankl yoi and move on. Better to keep the threads open and create a welcome doormat to invite input.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thread has been closed at the OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back