Fred's Salty Adventure 100G Custom

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was fish only back in 2009. Tank has been sitting since roughly thereafter. Right now I am currently looking for upgrades and will have it cycling soon, depending how long I take to get some items. Need sump/refugium, light, return pump, wave makers. The aquarium is 41" x 24" x 24". A little over a hundred gallons and will adding a 40 gallon sump, giving me an overall quantity of roughly 135 gallons.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my last post I have procured my lights( 2x AI Hydra 26), return pump, wave makers, heaters, new filters for my ro/di, salt, protein skimmer. Need to get a sump yet and going to go with a 40 Breeder and build that myself. Need to get some rock and I am going to go with Marco rock when I'm ready and would love some suggestions for how much I need from them( size, shape, weight.) Also sand suggestions.

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to paint the back black. Waiting for paint to be shipped to the house. Will post pictures when I have it painted.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the little island on the left. In adds a nice sense of depth.
I agree-and usually Im one of the "pack it full of rock! make a wall!" types lol
and you can use the mini island up front to grow anything super invasive so it stays put

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Since my last post I have built a control/storage cabinet and today I have gotten the system up and running. Now begins the cycle.

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to order a replacement pump today for my protein skimmer. Should be here in a few days.

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK everyone, here is an update. I now have two small chromis and a neon dottyback that my two daughters named Flash because "he is fast like lightning Dad". Also added two corals yesterday, one zoa and one mushroom.

OP
OP
Frederick Edwards

Frederick Edwards

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days ago I noticed that I have six Feather dusters starting to grow and come out of hiding on some of my live rock. Very exciting to see.

Back