free fish, coral, crab

nerdwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all... Been a while since I posted - got busy with life and didn't have much time for the tank. Anyway, I'm taking over my mom's 57G next week, and I need to break down two biocubes I've got running now before it gets here. I've currently got:

1.) A pair of SA a.oscillaris clowns w/frogspawn - Probably 2 years old, host in a 8 or 9 head piece of pink and green frogspawn. I'd like the clowns and the frogspawn kept together, and I'm giving them away for free to someone that agrees to do that. They love eating marine-s pellets or frozen food, so they're pretty easy to care for.

2.) A pair of SA a.oscillaris clowns, one misbar - same age as the other two, but these currently live in a 57 gallon. If someone wants these instead, I'll keep the pair with the frogspawn for my tank. They only eat frozen food currently.

3.) A single SA a.oscillaris clown - His partner jumped out of the tank quite some time ago and I never bought another. Eats frozen or pellets.

4.) Sally lightfoot crab - this one is smallish now, but after I got it I learned they get big and they start to enjoy meatier things like clown fish and fire shrimp... I can give it back to AC where I bought it, but I thought a club member deserves first shot.

5.) Kenya tree coral - this stuff grows wherever it wants and can be really invasive, at least in my tank. I have cut it all down with credit cards and razor blades and still have several stalks that came back.

6.) star-polyp-like encrusting coral - I got this out of the bargain frag tank at AC and don't know what it's called - it's covering 3 or 4 of my rocks in 2 different tanks now. Light pink tissue, 1/2" polyps, tips are green fluorescent.

To recap, these are all free to any club member interested - I'll even bring it to you or meet you halfway if you want. I'll probably have more equipment for sale/free later, but the priority right now for me is getting these animals to good homes. I'll take some pics for anyone interested, just let me know.

Scuba George

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where u locatedi want the frogspawn and pink polyp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
N

nerdwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rofl now thats a school of clownfish.. if no one else wants your free fish ill take whats left. but if others want give to them

LOL yeah, the tank with the pair and frogspawn was in my office for a couple years, just brought it home. The single clown was one of a pair from my first biocube (the mate jumped out and died when I converted the tank to an open-top MH.) The other pair live in the 57 gallon I'm inheriting and live with an SA Blue Hippo Tang - from the Nemo theme, it's pretty clear that my 3-year-old had some influence in fish selection! I know some guys here have lots of tanks, but I really don't have the time to maintain more than one these days.

OP
OP
N

nerdwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe well it's all spoken for now, thanks guys. I'm going to hang on to what's left until after I get the new tank moved and see what fits, so there could be more stuff in a week or two. I'll also be looking to buy or trade for some stuff eventually, as there's not much diversity in this tank right now.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back