Free

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice gesture. I do the same thing and actually have someone coming this weekend to take advantage of it.

OP
OP
mannysmusic

mannysmusic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then reactor is amazinpg. Here is one weeks of growth. I ordered more strip LEDs and going to tap in a second reactor.
6eefdfe6cfddfd1ff761058713f1b44f.jpg

5155c0f4e58c4fd6d212ebca59fa5009.jpg

OP
OP
mannysmusic

mannysmusic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a link to the light I used. I have a 2 little fishes reactor hanging around so u used that. I linked the light strips together and wrapped around the media reactor. Then I wrapped aluminum foil around the media reactor and lights for reflection. I leave the lights on 24/7. Cheato grows soooooo fast in this thing.

Plant Light, SOLMORE 3Pcs 1.6ft/strip LED Plant Light Grow Strip Light Flexible Soft Strip Light with 2A Power Adapter for Aquarium Greenhouse Hydroponics Indoor Plant Vegetable Flower Seeds Growth https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I9VFH54/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_4fVTyb3X03CMM

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on making it to the March meeting? I could use some, but RI is a bit of a haul for me (and not in RI terms of what constitutes a long drive)

OP
OP
mannysmusic

mannysmusic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope my tank already has pods growing in it. I'm sure some pods make it into the reactor and multiply in there. I had tested my nitrates before the Cheato reactor and the reading in the Salifert test kit was as high as it could go. After a month of running this Cheato reactor and 2 others (3 reactors on a 400 gallon system). My nitrates are now testing 0. I can also tell my corals look happier with amazing polyp extension. It's definetaly working. My phosphates are still a little high but they are no longer climbing and have actually gone down slightly.

RobgCT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just emptied the Cheato reactor one week later and have another quart of Cheato for anyone that's wants any.

Hey Manny, do you still have any? I am getting the stuff in friday to try one of these reactors out... just need something to put in it. :)

OP
OP
mannysmusic

mannysmusic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rob,. I have a ton. I've been saving it for anyone that needs any. I know how much of a pain sometimes it can be to find it. Shoot me a text at 401.996.one six seven zero to setup a day time to stop in.

Nirethell

Typical Wannabe Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone still have some cheato. I'm starting up my first reef tank and could use a bit for my refugium

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back