Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The virus threads are all taking turns for the worse and it’s in the best interest of the community we believe.

Last edited:

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, can’t even talk about certain life topics now. What’s next? Can’t discuss fish only tanks because this is a “reef” forum.
I think as long as it's polite and not the vitriolic discussions that take over we can still talk about anything :)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The virus threads are all taking turns for the worse and it’s the best interest of the community we believe.

We don't often agree on things Rev but I'll have to agree with you on this one hands down. These virus threads have gotten out of hand and a new one pops up every day. Thank you for curing the forum of the virus that these virus threads have become :)

Last edited:

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t always agree with Revs decisions and I’ll privately message him sometimes to let him know BUT sometimes people forget that freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom from consequences - You just can’t be arrested for saying stuff. You can’t say what you want here or you’ll be banned - you can’t say what you want to your boss or you’ll be fired - you can’t say what you want to your wife or .....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We honestly just want this community to be as fun and stress free as possible. Any roadblock we can remove we will try to remove. Thanks everyone even though you may not agree and please know our hearts are in the right place.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, can’t even talk about certain life topics now. What’s next? Can’t discuss fish only tanks because this is a “reef” forum.

You are on a private site that makes it's own rules, they may limit whatever they would like. Being able to talk about *redacted* on a privately owned website as per the owner's decision isn't really what freedom of speech is anyway.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We honestly just want this community to be as fun and stress free as possible. Any roadblock we can remove we will try to remove. Thanks everyone even though you may not agree and please know our hearts are in the right place.

Although I posted in that thread and put a few memes in it, basically any time I'm on here is to only talk about this hobby. It isn't normal social media, it's for aquariums and anything to do with them. So I do agree with your decision

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree with the decision. Its a reef forum. We don't need constant threads on politics, pandemics, weapons, identities, drugs, etc. Plenty of alternative places for that content. And it usually leads to name calling etc as people, in general (and not excluding myself), aren't particularly mature :).

(That said, it is a private entity. Freedom of speech isn't really a thing; ever tried posting explicit language? ***** ***** **** ******* ***** LOL )

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It is only talking about what the GOVERNMENT can't do. The government can't make a law curbing the freedom of speech.

@revhtree can make whatever rules he wants on here, and it doesn't infringe one single bit on your freedom of speech.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how much everyone love's reference to the site's Terms of Service, so here's another: :)
About the First Amendment, censorship, and your "right to free speech":

• You do indeed have an absolute right to free speech. However this forum is privately owned and requires members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back