Not open for further replies.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
howdy all

i personally don’t understand why it is even an issue.

it is a reef forum. I don’t go to a porsche forum to start talking about Toyota recalls.

Please keep in mind though I don’t understand much. :p

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am referring to lack of vision as not recognizing when something you created and or own can be more or bigger than you intended or anticipated. Closing a thread that is unrelated/difficult because it doesn't work thematically even though it could help many of the users on the forum shows a lack of vision.
Closing a thread that could potentially help people with sickness, suffering and death, seems to be lacking in compassion.
"Happy to help you with your nitrates, but can't help you with your pandemic problems, this is a reefing forum bro."

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am referring to lack of vision as not recognizing when something you created and or own can be more or bigger than you intended or anticipated. Closing a thread that is unrelated/difficult because it doesn't work thematically even though it could help many of the users on the forum shows a lack of vision.
Closing a thread that could potentially help people with sickness, suffering and death, seems to be lacking in compassion.
"Happy to help you with your nitrates, but can't help you with your pandemic problems, this is a reefing forum bro."
Please reread my post here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r2r-and-the-coronavirus.699594/#post-7204704
This is not just about keeping everything reef-related. This is not about a lack of vision. It isn't about a lack of compassion. It's about trying to keep our conversation and culture as reflects the vision of the forum. We understand you disagree, but this is the decision made in the best interest of our community. We aren't perfect, and we don't claim to always make the right decisions 100% of the time, but we do the best we can. :) There are much better sources of info about the situation than can be had on a reef forum. None of us are experts on this stuff, and frankly, people are better off listening to experts when it comes to this issue.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I concur that the media coverage is way out of hand, it would seem that if posted in appropriate locations in the forums just about any conversation conducted with some reason has been allowed.

This subject however is overly distracting from reefing and consequently there may not be nearly as many ads are clicked on. Hence a ban on the topic though there is also truth to the thought of vary opinions, etc.

However, I do respect the right of the owner in this USA to determine their own guidelines/requirements within the laws in place.

And, yes I know this will probably get me banned.
....are you really implying that we did this because it was costing ad clicks? Really? Lol I don't even know how to respond to that, that's next level conspiracy theory stuff.

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please reread my post here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r2r-and-the-coronavirus.699594/#post-7204704
This is not just about keeping everything reef-related. This is not about a lack of vision. It isn't about a lack of compassion. It's about trying to keep our conversation and culture as reflects the vision of the forum. We understand you disagree, but this is the decision made in the best interest of our community. We aren't perfect, and we don't claim to always make the right decisions 100% of the time, but we do the best we can. :) There are much better sources of info about the situation than can be had on a reef forum. None of us are experts on this stuff, and frankly, people are better off listening to experts when it comes to this issue.
I read your linked post earlier this evening. I think I understand your intentions and I don't think you were intending to be harmful. I do think the spirit of your post lacks vision and compassion. I am concerned whenever I hear people trying to protect the culture and its narrative. You are on a very slippery slope.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t come here for any other reason but to talk about reefing, tanks and fish. Anything else has no place here.

And this has nothing to do with free speech. If you aren’t paying the bills to keep this place going then just sit back and enjoy the reef talk.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....are you really implying that we did this because it was costing ad clicks? Really? Lol I don't even know how to respond to that, that's next level conspiracy theory stuff.

Unfortunately there's a lot of that going around

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can we just be wholesome vegans

hQ8dzrI.jpg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,
We have decided to close this thread as everyone has given their opinion on the matter. As mentioned previously by other moderators, we have a large community and it’s almost impossible for everyone to be in agreement with every decision that is made. We understand that and appreciate the participation as we also respect the opinions of all of you!
Happy Reefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back