Status
Not open for further replies.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will be deleted real fast I'll bet. But yeah we should probably just turn off commenting before it gets worse

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say just get rid of the lounge, and most issues will be gone with it.

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We honestly just want this community to be as fun and stress free as possible. Any roadblock we can remove we will try to remove. Thanks everyone even though you may not agree and please know our hearts are in the right place.
I am just not sure fun is what is important right now. The corona virus is something people should be stressed about. I know you mean well but I think this decision is wholly wrong headed. This forum helps people with their reefs, but you also have an opportunity to host topics that could help save peoples lives. The decision to not allow those topics shows a lack of vision, and a lack of compassion.

Rukk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I concur that the media coverage is way out of hand, it would seem that if posted in appropriate locations in the forums just about any conversation conducted with some reason has been allowed.

This subject however is overly distracting from reefing and consequently there may not be nearly as many ads are clicked on. Hence a ban on the topic though there is also truth to the thought of vary opinions, etc.

However, I do respect the right of the owner in this USA to determine their own guidelines/requirements within the laws in place.

And, yes I know this will probably get me banned.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am just not sure fun is what is important right now. The corona virus is something people should be stressed about. I know you mean well but I think this decision is wholly wrong headed. This forum helps people with their reefs, but you also have an opportunity to host topics that could help save peoples lives. The decision to not allow those topics shows a lack of vision, and a lack of compassion.

I respect your opinion although I don’t agree with your conclusion. :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wanna say that we love all of you guys whether you agree with us or not. :)

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speak of "wrong headed". That's like actors and sports figures pushing their political agenda. This a REEF forum.

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just leave it in the lounge? People can read the threads or not. Its a worldwide event which effects everyone regardless of how severe they may or may not think it is. You never know how important one piece of information read at the right time can be.

To ban all talk of it all together seems unnecessary and may do more harm than good. Does that also mean no prayer requests for viral related topics either?

Admann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[
Speak of "wrong headed". That's like actors and sports figures pushing their political agenda. This a REEF forum.
Lack of vision and compassion? I believe the forum and its stated purpose are the proof of the vision. This forum is not a therapists group for the masses, although it has probably served that purpose many times.

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is regarding a thread posted in the lounge section (the lounge is for discussing non reef topics). Trying to act like reefing is the only thing discussed on this forum is also wrong headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back