Freshies :)

I see a decent scape coming along :D I've tried underwater bonsai, but didn't really appeal to me so I just gave the whole thing away
 
Yeah planted tanks are harder than most people imagine sometimes, finding that right balance that grows plants and not algae.
 
Yet another new acquisition, The Leopard Snakehead (Channa Pardalis), aka by hobbyists as the Meghalaya Leopard. One of the most sought after dwarf snakeheads in the hobby, these guys, when fully mature, are either a deep or bright blue dotted with black, dressed with a shimmering blue or green (sometimes both!) on the tail, anal and dorsal fins, and jet black pectoral fins, lined with white around the whole body. However such colors are usually only found in dominant males or fish kept in a species-only tank or biotope, with less confident specimens showing off shades of brown rather than a full blue body. Mine's super stressed out when I first had him but I hope he'll color up soon!

My fish:
c5e2a083020bf5e47c39b70caf0595ed.jpg


Fully mature specimen:
3fbc908ac13fbc8ec92ea5c68fb10625.jpg


Less confident specimen:
14bdad2bd3dfbf0c396739d7b9a589bc.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new