Freshwater aquascaper evolving his hobby

Is all-in-one better than having a sump below the stand for a 30gal. display?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m new to this site. I found out about it through a co-worker as his sibling (seasoned enthusiast) frequents this site for assistance.

I work as a sterile processing technician at my local hospital, and I’m constantly under pressure from my work environment. Any mistake I make can result in injury to myself or harm to a patient with a likelihood of either resulting in my termination. My work requires production and immaculate attention to detail. My department services all other hospital departments, with surgery being the V.I.P customer. I regularly deal with and handle irritable people on the phone, my stress levels can be astronomical so maintaining my freshwater aquascape set-up is my way of decompressing. New set-up, just recently planted.
864828BB-0D61-4725-8AEB-72C2C01D20A4.jpeg

EDE7F4BD-E974-4190-AABD-1F9BEA7416A9.jpeg
I started with freshwater in 2009 and started aquascaping about 4 years ago when I went high-tech. I have caught most of the Pokémon available up until Sun/Moon, regularly play Clash Royale, and countless
strategy/puzzle/survival games.

The initial cost of saltwater has always made it prohibitive, but this year the planets and stars have aligned and my wife made THE suggestion on the condition we get Ocellaris. I have started doing my due diligenceand I’m hoping some of you will be able to help out soon once I get my build thread started.

I still can’t find a website that sells a pre-drilled 30-40 gallon rimless low-iron tank. I have a spare Current USA 6011 pump that
moves water at 635 - 3170 gph (2400-12000 lph) and a 20 gallon tank that I planned to make a sump out of. I plan on building a stand for the set-up. Any suggestions, or advice will greatly appreciated. I live around the Chicagoland area, and am totally unfamiliar with any group.

Thanks for reading, hope to meet you.
Hello and welcome to the channel.

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the wonderful folks, information and help..

Patience, it is the big word around here, Reefing is patience to cycle, to watch things grow, to keep your tank balanced.
I recommend to everyone joining to create a tank build thread.
1. You get to see where you have started and how much you have grown in this hobby.
2. We love pictures and to see what your doing with your tank.
3. It’s a great learning tool for all of us to see what works and doesn’t . We learn great stuff from each other.
Lastly the only bad question here is the one not asked...

giphy.gif

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back