Clownfish help

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish has been acting really weird the past couple of weeks. She always breathes heavy. She stays near the floor of the tank. And she leaves her partner and goes to the corner of the tank and just states at the back wall. Sometimes she lays on the sand. Sometimes she lays sideways. She barely eats and when I go near the tank to feed she stays down while everyone else goes up. And when she actually does eat it's not much and she spits it out 3 times and keeps eating it to make it snaller. Last night when I stayed up to test water parameters I saw the two in the corner of the tank laying near the ground and suddenly the male started having a seizure and swam across the sand. And sometimes when she's not with the male she'll just randomly have seizures. They've been together for a month and sleep together so I dont know whats wrong. It's late night so I will post a video tomorrow

OP
OP
Bubs2

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6a8b23c9d2d767434a1ec2f88f3a5c68.jpg

I'm pretty sure they're paired cuz they sleep together like this.

I'll get the video of her acting weird in the afternoon when the lights go on

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be PH issues. Try pointing powerhead near to the top of the tank.
I also check other parameters.

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd start with a water change. hows your salinity? are they scratching on rocks sand or glass?

RJinPV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search for posts with a member called humblefish. He often posts links to disease information. My male clown did something very similar. He moved to a corner, appetite slowed down and then he stopped eating. He died shortly after that and there were no signs of disease or disease behavior such as scraping on rocks or frantic dashes.

OP
OP
Bubs2

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search for posts with a member called humblefish. He often posts links to disease information. My male clown did something very similar. He moved to a corner, appetite slowed down and then he stopped eating. He died shortly after that and there were no signs of disease or disease behavior such as scraping on rocks or frantic dashes.
I'm about to go to search him up but is there anything I should do? Or just leave her

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had these clownfish? When was the last fish/coral/invert added to your tank? Have you noticed any scratching, flashing or heavy breathing from any of your fish?

OP
OP
Bubs2

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one can diagnose whats wrong with my clown but she isn't eating anymore. Is it OK to do a freshwater dip? Is this going to kill her? Help please.........!!

Joey waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as she's still breathing at the 5 min mark she will be fine. There is a lot of talk right now on dipping. I would read a little on it. It's not just dipping. You have to prep too.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the clown, a picture says a 1000 words. Dipping will only cause more stress to a stressed fish.

OP
OP
Bubs2

Bubs2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the clown, a picture says a 1000 words. Dipping will only cause more stress to a stressed fish.
Also in the pictures she's practically laying on the ground and when I get near her she swims up

Joey waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She looks good, she's pretty that is. I have fish that won't eat for a few days then all of a sudden they are fine. Also they may just lay around. Your other fish look good too.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 108 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%

Back