Freshwater Dips, are they effective?

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
602
Reaction score
557
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a decent amount of people who swear by doing freshwater dips on their newly acquired fish before adding them to their display. Mainly to treat any possible parasites on the fish, but is this really effective? I prefer to do a quarantine run for 2 weeks prior to adding to my display as I feel it is more effective and less stressful on the fish.
 
From the information I've gathered which is limited it can be useful to check for flukes and I think a few other parasites by seeing if anything drops off. My understanding is it can be also useful as a diagnostic tool and to provide temporary relief from flukes but doesn't cure anything.
I've never really considered it myself my info is limited to casual reading not really digging deeply into the process.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new