Likefrieswiththat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3964.JPG
IMG_3961.JPG
long time freshwater/planted tank guy here. Started off with some LR from my boss when he moved. Finally settled on a 4' long 30g tank. Pair of clowns. RBTA. Duncan. Acropora.
Tank is drilled for a sump but don't have room where it's at for one.
Anyways here's a few pics cuz I know we all like those. The mars led on the left is way more pink than I like.

image.jpg

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First the Anemone and the power head does not mix they like to get sucked into power heads. You can install a sponge over the intake of the pump. If you don't you will find a mess one day when you come home or wake up.

OP
OP
Likefrieswiththat

Likefrieswiththat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First the Anemone and the power head does not mix they like to get sucked into power heads. You can install a sponge over the intake of the pump. If you don't you will find a mess one day when you come home or wake up.
Agreed. Ideally I would have the sump on this tank and not need them. Anenome hasn't moved from that rock in months. Not saying it won't.

Just a confirmation, 7000k would suffice on this shallow tank until I can get a diy led bar set up?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7000k is ok with current inverts 20K is preferred color range for most coral. Anemone's are not totally dependent on lighting for food source as you can feed them with small pieces of food also

OP
OP
Likefrieswiththat

Likefrieswiththat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7000k is ok with current inverts 20K is preferred color range for most coral. Anemone's are not totally dependent on lighting for food source as you can feed them with small pieces of food also
Trick is to keep the cleaner shrimp from stealing it.
Everyone seems to be happy.
Except the blue star polyp. Hasn't been for a while.

OP
OP
Likefrieswiththat

Likefrieswiththat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big update. 20High with the mars hydro led retrofitted with 4 cobs. 2 ea. 10-15,000k 30w chips and 450nm “blue” 30w chips. Literally just got it put together and hung and already liking the colors. Serperate drivers so I may separate the channels but for now it’s up and running. Still have a ac70 hob with some LR that wouldn’t fit in the tank and point of sale protein skimmer.
Yesterday tested the water. Parameters were good. Everyone seems happy. Enough talk. Check out the long end view. (Cleaned the glass for the pic)

51B330BC-1A2F-4DD1-A4F5-103250B7CF58.jpeg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With new light and equipment the bta may decide it needs a better area. Those power heads may end up making BTA soup.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back