Freshwater tank

ottermg

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, this is a reef forum, and to make it worse, I built my tank for a turtle. I've been laughed out of a few LFS and forums for revealing that. But wait... I had the hardest time finding any information on freshwater tanks that were not just fishbowls with HOB filters on back, so in order to research my tank I turned to the freshwater pond and saltwater reef communities. This forum and a few like it were so valuable to me, I decided to make a quick blog about my build and post it to share what I learned, just in case someone like me is looking for info on freshwater tanks.

The blog and info are here, https://barryturtletank.wordpress.com/, the tank is still a work in progress (version 3.0, with plans for 4.0), but thought I'd share and thank you all for sharing what you know about reef keeping. It was a gold mine for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new