Freshwater

I have 4 biotope tanks that are self sufficient freshwater
20250716_231147_008B9A82-08E3-439E-97B9-F7C461F9CB39.png

This one is a 75 tall tank that’s black water and has been running for about a year now
 
I have a planted 9 gallon next to my reef tank that is very overgrown and full of white cloud minnows, and a few different tetras and danios
20250716_222000_6CF8E32A-CD03-4562-988D-99C7C93A5507.png
 
Here’s my contribution:

180g, 75g sump… ~205g actual system volume!

It’s just getting back into stability after a full rebuild… current stocking is a handful of pearl gouramis, and 14 Sterbai cories… next up is 9-12 glass knifefish as the centerpiece, plus a few fancy whiptail plecos!

IMG_7230.jpeg
 
I have a few freshwater myself a 72 gallon, and a 10 gallon planted in the 72 I have a Oscar, dragon cichlid ,jewel cichlid,blue gill I saved feather fin catfish and a eclipse catfish let me know your thoughts on the stocking the 10 is my mini monster grow out tank lol
 
20250716_203622.png

Under my clown tank I have a planted 5 gallon “0 Maintenence” tank that houses 6 Phoenix Rasboras, a Scarlet Badis, and an assortment of shrimp.
 
Who else has fresh water tanks
If so what size and stocking?
African cichlids 55g started with 5 now I have like 20 I had to make holding tank for all the babys
72570479-c30f-40fd-9b07-cbc5606c6a99.jpg
128e0131-89a6-4855-95aa-57f5a6511a7f.jpg
Half of those are in a new tank and I ditched the. Plants and all the smaller caves. They got stuck inside the small ones
 
I currently have 2 125g stacked in the top one I have some Tanganyikans the lower one has a fahaka puffer and a ton of guppies, a 300g stock tank pond with ropefish and bichirs, a 75g with 2 grow out bichirs 4 turkana jewel cichlids left over from a breeding project and 8 congo tetras this is also full of crypts and guppy grass. I keep the guppy grass just for a monthly $30 store credit at lfs.
20240121_192340.jpg
20240121_190716.jpg
20230802_190422.jpg
20210907_171905_HDR.jpg
20240331_215904.jpg
 
Last edited:
Some of those pics are a little older like the 75g was just before I rebooted it and sold off all (I thought) of the Turkanas. I have not taken pics of anything in the last 4 months. I need to.
 
My two current.......larger one is a 105g high tech planted tank. Has a school of Congo Tetras, Pearl Gouramis, Corys, Synodontis, Cardinal Tetras, Rummynose Tetras, an Angel, a Betta, Red Eye Tetra, Otto catfish, and several high end Plecos. The second is a low tech (mainly Anubius) 40g low which has a school of Emperor Tetras and a school of Forktail blue-eye Rainbowfish along with some Corys, a Betta, Otto catfish, and a Pleco.

105g.jpg
Real105g.jpg
 
I have had a 100 gal freshwater for over 5 years, just changing the water straight from the tap 30% and adding iron.
 

Attachments

  • 20210509_201925_002.mp4
    11.2 MB
  • 20230720_163004.jpg
    20230720_163004.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 56
My two current.......larger one is a 105g high tech planted tank. Has a school of Congo Tetras, Pearl Gouramis, Corys, Synodontis, Cardinal Tetras, Rummynose Tetras, an Angel, a Betta, Red Eye Tetra, Otto catfish, and several high end Plecos. The second is a low tech (mainly Anubius) 40g low which has a school of Emperor Tetras and a school of Forktail blue-eye Rainbowfish along with some Corys, a Betta, Otto catfish, and a Pleco.

105g.jpg
Real105g.jpg
Both those tanks look nice!
 
Yes, these Altums have been around for about five years now.
 
Last edited:
I have 3 tanks. I with angels and a few tetras, One with blue shrimp, and a pico I just started with some orange shrimp. Also have a 1000 gallon pond with a few koi which I've had for 5 yrs or so.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250718_091611510.jpg
    IMG_20250718_091611510.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20250718_091551718.jpg
    IMG_20250718_091551718.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20250718_091603991.jpg
    IMG_20250718_091603991.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 19

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new