OP
OP
macon77

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said a while back, there are likely a dozen experiments which may ultimately have to be conducted to figure all of this out. We'll work on that one next.

However, I think the St. Thomas shrooms just have a tendency to grab on to ANYTHING. I think they might even stick to Macon when she swims by sometimes.:bigsmile:

That reminds me of a funny story (a true one, though). I had given a friend of mine a RBTA clone. He noticed that it was roaming quite excessively. As he went to check it out, he found that the anemone was attached to a snail that was wandering around grazing. I think I have a picture of it somewhere. If I don't, I can get my friend to forward a copy of it. I'll post it when I locate/acquire it. Funny stuff.

OP
OP
macon77

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of "Mama," in the meantime.

That is "Papa" (Omar), that is playing in her.

Picture114.jpg

OP
OP
macon77

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is "Mama" (Olivia) playing in the white anemone (nope, not bleached...same color after gen's...uglier anemone in person, though).
Picture120.jpg

OP
OP
macon77

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And some eye-candy, just for the fun of it.

HEY, WAIT. I'M HIJACKING MY OWN THREAD!!!

Name this coral for a FREE Chaca Chaca shroom!
ISH-1.jpg

Name this coral for a FREE...umm...NOTHING!
Rainbow.jpg

OP
OP
macon77

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sarafina

Picture537-1.jpg

And my favorite Lord of all times. (This one could eat...and I mean EAT!!!)
Second_40.jpg

OP
OP
macon77

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

I apologize for the delay. I have gotten tied up with work. Hopefully, I will be able to get the critters in their "homes" on Saturday.

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I feel dumb.. I read the first post thinking the name had to do with the humor.. but couldn't get it. :tongue: It wasn't until after reading the rest of the post that I was like doh! Being a fan of mushrooms I may have to crash a boat in my tank as I always seem to have issues growing them.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been a very entertaining and very super scientificky (per Tabasco:wink:) thread. Macon77 you are a trip sir and have been fun to follow...and DB hope you have your $23.99 ready lol. Would have been cooler if you guys could have actually molded a mock ship out of GFO :tongue:

OP
OP
macon77

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electrobes...No worries about your growth rates. We are going to be growing so many mushrooms so fast, we'll just send you a few boxes stuffed full of Chaca Chaca shrooms!:bigsmile:

fsu*...It's all in fun, my friend. At least we'll have a good story to tell our mushroom-collecting grandkids.

I suspect you are spot-on in advising DB to have his checkbook ready (Paypal is fine too, though). I suspect we are merely entertaining ourselves here.

Why do you say "you guys?" You brought the idea of the GFO ship up. So, we will put you down for 1 small ship mold. I'll pour the GFO and paint in once it gets here.:bigsmile:

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electrobes...No worries about your growth rates. We are going to be growing so many mushrooms so fast, we'll just send you a few boxes stuffed full of Chaca Chaca shrooms!:bigsmile:

fsu*...It's all in fun, my friend. At least we'll have a good story to tell our mushroom-collecting grandkids.

I suspect you are spot-on in advising DB to have his checkbook ready (Paypal is fine too, though). I suspect we are merely entertaining ourselves here.

Why do you say "you guys?" You brought the idea of the GFO ship up. So, we will put you down for 1 small ship mold. I'll pour the GFO and paint in once it gets here.:bigsmile:

you can't paint it- that'd be adding another variable!

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plus the paint might not allow the gfo to dissolve into the water at an acceptable rate and that would just mess everything up.

Maybe there should be another forum just for experiments. ;)
I have a couple lined up just from reading other threads today.
1. 4 on 8 off-inquiring mind want to know if this is all it's cracked up to be
2. crap, I can't remember the 2nd one. There was another one.

Stand by.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a cool experiment. While we are waiting, did you ever find a pic of the anemone attached to the snail?

CJ

OP
OP
macon77

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plus the paint might not allow the gfo to dissolve into the water at an acceptable rate and that would just mess everything up.

Maybe there should be another forum just for experiments. ;)
I have a couple lined up just from reading other threads today.
1. 4 on 8 off-inquiring mind want to know if this is all it's cracked up to be
2. crap, I can't remember the 2nd one. There was another one.

Stand by.

A forum for experiments is an excellent idea. Maybe we could get a mod to help us out. We actually have an insider who might be able to help. Ahem, DB, ahem.

Oh, now #2 sounds scientificky.:bigsmile:

OP
OP
macon77

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH! YES! Reduced night time water flow. Does that affect coral health/growth.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This can't be done in a shroom system. What would I reduce the flow to? Just turn everything off? I'll not be able to partake in that one, lest I run my system out of Oxygen. I'm jealous now.

Seriously, though, that is undoubtedly a fun experiment. The only issue I see is establishing your control group. This would require 2 connected tanks. It is going to be a bit more expensive than some GFO. Before you proceed, you might want to ask DB if he can afford that one if it fails.

OP
OP
macon77

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a cool experiment. While we are waiting, did you ever find a pic of the anemone attached to the snail?

CJ

My computer crashed recently, and that picture was lost. I have emailed my friend, to get him to forward the picture. Hopefully, I'll get a copy in short order.

OP
OP
macon77

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, sorry about the delay folks. However, it's much easier to say that to you all than to my boss.

As rescheduled, I plan to have the subjects in place Sat. afternoon.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. It's not like we are all just sitting around waiting on you.. Oh wait, I am! Just kidding.. take your time. :)

CJ

OP
OP
macon77

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. It's not like we are all just sitting around waiting on you.. Oh wait, I am! Just kidding.. take your time. :)

CJ

HaHaHa!:bigsmile: That was good.

I am sure glad that everyone who has posted here thus far seems to "get" my sense of humor and sarcasm. To this point, this thread has been a lot of fun for me.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back