OP
macon77

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunday afternoon updates:

Experiment 1: Still no word on the replacement mushroom. I tried to get my friend to contact the new caretaker of the mushroom colony of interest again. He had no luck in contacting him/her. I will give this another week, and will employ a different type of Rhodactis if there aren't further developments.

Experiment 3 (Yes, I know I skipped #2): The 1st acquired critter is doing fine.

Experiment 2: I am a knucklehead. Period.

In setting up the PM this time around, I had to make some new considerations. Having to run it outside of the system (externally), I decided to put the end of the drain line under water to reduce noise pollution (the Bullet-1 is actually suited to run externally, or submerged in a max of 6" of water). So, off the skimmer went for a few days, and I collected and have stored the yucky stuff which had accumulated. However, I noted that the skimmer seemed to be running oddly. Given my inexperience in running the skimmer externally, I thought my observation of its strange behavior involved an artifact of back-pressure. So, I decided to let the skimmer run another week with the end of the drain line NOT being submerged. I was curious to see that the "properties" of the skimming did not change when I altered the drain line.

Of course, the odd behavior I had observed had to do with a clogged airline, rather than back-pressure. AUGH!!! Hence, my new name for myself (i.e., knucklehead).

Further delays. Further delays. Further delays.

Oh well, all we have is time.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back