Friend or foe?

sarahbeth23

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2023
Messages
53
Reaction score
11
Location
Athens
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had two small mushrooms disappear, my LFS tested my water and parameters were in check but as I was doing a water change the other day I pulled an old/dead piece of my hammer head that had broken off of a large colony out of the tank to do alittle closer inspection. The picture is very blurry because of how tiny these 3 little guys are but they were definitely moving. They are the little dark brownish specs on the white putty epoxy. Any ideas what they are? What should I do before the rest of my hard work is destroyed?

6E05ABEE-A318-4B8F-91B9-FA81FA66BE84.png
 
Looks like Chiton snails, which are harmless and algae eaters good cuc.
unfortunately I have those in the tank too and they’re more visible. I was able to get alittle better picture after trying Seachem reef dip which did absolutely nothing
BC88071E-CAA7-4A68-8322-1E1CF4E7F569.jpeg
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new