Friend or foe ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BMan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I can get you pics of mine too Lionfish. I have one, I will get rid of him one I get corals, for now I have nothing so he is kinda fun for me to watch while I wait for my tank to behave
 
Oh yes please! Yahoo!!
 
So many people say asterinas will populate fast. I have seen 2 in my tank over the past 18 months. I believe it's irresponsible to just say that, like so many things in this awesome hobby. I thinks it's very important to share your personal experience. But I think too many people just repeat and exaggerate what they heard or read. Just my opinion. Not looking to start a fight!
 
IMG_20170226_135006720.jpg
So many people say asterinas will populate fast. I have seen 2 in my tank over the past 18 months. I believe it's irresponsible to just say that, like so many things in this awesome hobby. I thinks it's very important to share your personal experience. But I think too many people just repeat and exaggerate what they heard or read. Just my opinion. Not looking to start a fight!
Not having any experience with many different inverts and corals, I would expect advice from this board to be sound.
I returned a birds nest frag to the seller because I was told on this forum that it can reproduce and becomes a nuisance. The individual I returned it to told me that was not true. Who do I believe. He has about a 1000 gallons of frag tank in is basement. I want to believe he is correct.
 
Last edited:
IMG_20170226_135006720.jpg
Not having any experience with many different inverts and corals, I would expect advice from this board to be sound.
I returned a birds nest frag to the seller because I was told on this forum that it can reproduce and becomes a nuisance. The individual I returned it to told me that was not true. Who do I believe. He has about a 1000 gallons of frag tank in is basement. I want to believe he is correct.

I understand what you're saying. I'm only 18 months into this awesome hobby. I have learned to be Leary of people that just say things vs people that talk about their personal experience. I only have a 30 gallon tank so I have no room for error. I guess I am saying, experiences in this hobby tend to go both ways. Use your best judgment and keep an eye on things. Personally I wouldn't worry about it since you haven't written about coral loss.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new