Fritz Salt Issues?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI does give guidance/recommendations. Also I will say that exchanging emails with them has always been very responsive. I've not used the others and have no desire to (I'm biased towards ATI with regards to their test so just throwing that out there).

I’m a huge fan of ATI. Wink Wink

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does ATI compare to Triton. Has anybody sent 2 tests off to both companies at the same time? I’d be interested to see if the results are close to each other. I’m not worried about perfection.

When I run blood in the hospital on lab grade equipment to look at mostly pH, CO2, PO2, and HCO3. The results will vary from minute to minute. Samples equilibrate with room air, but for the most part...the numbers are fairly close.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How does ATI compare to Triton. Has anybody sent 2 tests off to both companies at the same time? I’d be interested to see if the results are close to each other. I’m not worried about perfection.

When I run blood in the hospital on lab grade equipment to look at mostly pH, CO2, PO2, and HCO3. The results will vary from minute to minute. Samples equilibrate with room air, but for the most part...the numbers are fairly close.
This....

jozer1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That hurt watching Ricos vid
Yes it suck about Rico's tank but Mr. Saltwater tank uses Fritz and so does travis from fish of hex. Hard to see that it could just be the salt. I wonder if it's a combination of things. I use Red Sea Coral pro and was thinking of switching to fritz. I think I'm going to wait and see like everyone else. Or just stay with what I've always used.

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it suck about Rico's tank but Mr. Saltwater tank uses Fritz and so does travis from fish of hex. Hard to see that it could just be the salt. I wonder if it's a combination of things. I use Red Sea Coral pro and was thinking of switching to fritz. I think I'm going to wait and see like everyone else. Or just stay with what I've always used.
Does fritz sponsor all 3 of them. Seems like it.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does fritz sponsor all 3 of them. Seems like it.
Sponsorship and using it exclusively? Harold has some outstanding systems without issue so Im beginning to think
its the change from one salt to the other

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sponsorship and using it exclusively? Harold has some outstanding systems without issue so Im beginning to think

I don’t believe Mr. Saltwater has any association with Fritz

Thanks. Just opened a new box and did a quick 25% water change.

TBH I’ll believe it’s PHILASTAR before I believe it’s the salt, lol!

uIQEQgs.jpg

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used the salt but not sure why these threads become personal. There was a fair question about whether people are having issues based on some experiences...

Fwiw - ati runs titration alkalinity test using a MT titrator which is pretty much the lab grade standard. Alkalinity cannot be measured by an ICP machine and Triton does not offer alk testing within their standard ICP test. The rest of ATI’s ICP seems to be in line with Triton fwiw based on a few parallel tests I’ve run...

I can’t recall exactly but believe that the EPA requires alk testing within 24hrs of taking a sample. I’m not sure if that makes a difference tbh.

My several ati alk tests came back lower than Salifert, Hanna or Alkatronic but it’s hard to imagine them being off so much and not at least retesting with the Second sample. Whoever posted the results should reach out to ATI to ask.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If this is True....hard to believe it's the salt.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Changing from IO to Fritz in a 1000 gallon system when Rico only has enough water storage to make 10%. This would not have made the system even blink.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used the salt but not sure why these threads become personal. There was a fair question about whether people are having issues based on some experiences...

Fwiw - ati runs titration alkalinity test using a MT titrator which is pretty much the lab grade standard. Alkalinity cannot be measured by an ICP machine and Triton does not offer alk testing within their standard ICP test. The rest of ATI’s ICP seems to be in line with Triton fwiw based on a few parallel tests I’ve run...

I can’t recall exactly but believe that the EPA requires alk testing within 24hrs of taking a sample. I’m not sure if that makes a difference tbh.

My several ati alk tests came back lower than Salifert, Hanna or Alkatronic but it’s hard to imagine them being off so much and not at least retesting with the Second sample. Whoever posted the results should reach out to ATI to ask.

Good to know man. Maybe Alk needs to be tested before 24 hrs to be accurate or it declines.

Sarlindescent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changing from IO to Fritz in a 1000 gallon system when Rico only has enough water storage to make 10%. This would not have made the system even blink.

Ricos system was full fritz at this point and doing well. He had encrusting sps on fritz. He went through one batch, so 15-20 boxes of water changes. It was the second batch of boxes he got that caused issues.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ricos system was full fritz at this point and doing well. He had encrusting sps on fritz. He went through one batch, so 15-20 boxes of water changes. It was the second batch of boxes he got that caused issues.

You are correct sir. I think were the problems orginally started was when he opted out from using the Dr. Tims "One and Only" and added a large amount of straight ammonia to the system. :D

HAHA....JOKE!!!:cool:

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just interested to see those ICP’s. It’s really bugging me as to what this could be.

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just interested to see those ICP’s. It’s really bugging me as to what this could be.

Salt mfg's should ICP every batch and make it easy to check online the way aquaforrest does. This should be standard practice considering how much we pay for salt.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back