Frog spawn tentacles dividing? Is this normal?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my Frogspawn recently and all the tentacles were fairly uniform. Straight with one colored head. Now I am seeing several tentacles dividing. Is this normal and how this organism grows? This is my first foray into Corals. I was a FOLWR guy years ago.

Sorry for the quality of the picture. I just turned the lights on to take the picture. During the normal lighting the tentacles are normally longer and fuller. Also I edited the image allot to emphisise the dividing tentacles.

AF2D3E60-DB98-42C7-8477-B0E82DF6C53F.jpeg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my Frogspawn recently and all the tentacles were fairly uniform. Straight with one colored head. Now I am seeing several tentacles dividing. Is this normal and how this organism grows? This is my first foray into Corals. I was a FOLWR guy years ago.

Sorry for the quality of the picture. I just turned the lights on to take the picture. During the normal lighting the tentacles are normally longer and fuller. Also I edited the image allot to emphisise the dividing tentacles.

AF2D3E60-DB98-42C7-8477-B0E82DF6C53F.jpeg
This is what gives a frogspawn it’s characteristic that sets it apart from a torch or hammer. Where a torch or hammer has a single tip on each tentacle, a frogspawn has many. As it grows out more, you’ll see more and more. Looks like a baby at the moment.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what gives a frogspawn it’s characteristic that sets it apart from a torch or hammer. Where a torch or hammer has a single tip on each tentacle, a frogspawn has many. As it grows out more, you’ll see more and more. Looks like a baby at the moment.
Thank you.. yea it’s got about a 1” diameter base. In the 5 days it’s been in this tank it seems happy.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.. yea it’s got about a 1” diameter base. In the 5 days it’s been in this tank it seems happy.
It’s got nice coloration. I rarely see frogspawns like that in person anymore. They’re usually mostly green. I’d pay good money for one like that. Ona side note, ime, euphyllia tend to do better when I get them as a smaller pieces. They grow significantly after 3-4 months but it’ll probably be forever before you see a new head.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back