Frogspawn advice please.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of corals that are too big for my tank when I started this thing 20 years ago didn't think I'd be complaining but having a full tank isn't all it's cracked up to be that's why I'm starting 150 it's really frustrating can't even clean the glass without breaking an acro or knocking something over

Screenshot_20191016-071639_Photos.jpg

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of corals that are too big for my tank when I started this thing 20 years ago didn't think I'd be complaining but having a full tank isn't all it's cracked up to be that's why I'm starting 150 it's really frustrating can't even clean the glass without breaking an acro or knocking something over

Screenshot_20191016-071639_Photos.jpg
Very nice.

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries let it ride ...I have had frogspawn for over 15 yrs and they are dry when I do water changes for at least 10 minutes it looks shriveled for a little while then it's fine over the years they've been through the wringer and they've always rebounded so don't panic

15709219149537764715087518412402.jpg
Hey I know this is an old post but I’ve never seen a frogspawn colony so big, I was just curious as to how much flow and par it’s receiving? I got mine at around 180 par and very low flow, I’ve noticed moderate flow was bugging it, turned down the flow and it seemed to open up more.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I know this is an old post but I’ve never seen a frogspawn colony so big, I was just curious as to how much flow and par it’s receiving? I got mine at around 180 par and very low flow, I’ve noticed moderate flow was bugging it, turned down the flow and it seemed to open up more.
I run gyre 230s ×2 alternating gyre. I have a 6ft tank and thet are right in the middle so they get it from the left and get it from the right alternating so it's not a constant strong flow they started a lot lower in the tank but now they've grown pretty much breaching

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love some of your frogspawn as well! And.... I am also a teacher and a coach! No joke! If you want to help a good guy out - let me know.

Here is the team I coach for our school district - 75,000 views in one week. We do halftime shows all over the country!

Woow that was AWSOME .Sorry Honestly thought it was going to be something terrible. That was so cooI watched it over again. I cant even jump rope normally. Give this guy some frogspawn.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woow that was AWSOME .Sorry Honestly thought it was going to be something terrible. That was so cooI watched it over again. I cant even jump rope normally. Give this guy some frogspawn.
Yeah never seen that until then. My kids watched with their mouths wide open....amazing!

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run gyre 230s ×2 alternating gyre. I have a 6ft tank and thet are right in the middle so they get it from the left and get it from the right alternating so it's not a constant strong flow they started a lot lower in the tank but now they've grown pretty much breaching
It’s very nice, thanks again for the information!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back