frogspawn babies

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2014
Messages
4,317
Reaction score
2,639
Location
Allenstown nh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the lower left hand side of the first picture you can see a white piece of skeleton falling down off of my frogspawn. You can also see the little head growing in underneath the umbrella of the large one. I knew that it grew new heads like that. I did not know that it would grow small pieces of skeleton with a little frog spawn attached to it and drop them like rain. It has done that twice now as you can see in the other pictures. Pretty cool
20150531_193143.jpg
20150602_154111.jpg
20150602_154104.jpg
 
I have to keep mine fragged if the colonies gets to large they pinch off little packets of polyps and release them into the water flow. Not so good with SPS in the tank as they turn into little floating packets of death.
 
Yes mine have done that just have to watch the floating around.
 
Super cool. Do you intend to mount them now?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new