Frogspawn dying phosphates too high?

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no I don't have an RODI system trying to find one cheap.
I have a 4 stage Ro di system that I don't use you can have her for free if you pay for the shipping I'm happy to help came from Bulk Reef Supply it is practically brand-spanking-new only used it till what was in it did it came with was exhausted which is carbon sediment filter and DIY resin soon as this was gone I upgraded to 6 gauge so like I said practically brand-spanking-new

OP
OP
JACKS REEF

JACKS REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 stage Ro di system that I don't use you can have her for free if you pay for the shipping I'm happy to help came from Bulk Reef Supply it is practically brand-spanking-new only used it till what was in it did it came with was exhausted which is carbon sediment filter and DIY resin soon as this was gone I upgraded to 6 gauge so like I said practically brand-spanking-new
okay sure does it come with the resin and the filters? if it does I will 100% buy this

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay sure does it come with the resin and the filters? if it does I will 100% buy this
It does not they're exhausted you would have to purchase from Bulk Reef Supply but I will give it to you for free as long as you pay for the shipping if i were a vendor I would add the resin and filters and such but I'm just a reefer trying to help another reefer it comes with everything needed you would just have to purchase a sediment filter carbon block and the d i resin these are fairly inexpensive to buy through Bulk Reef Supply you can buy in a kit this will save you some money for sure
16031648297367154587708929846456.jpg

OP
OP
JACKS REEF

JACKS REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does not they're exhausted you would have to purchase from Bulk Reef Supply but I will give it to you for free as long as you pay for the shipping firework vendor I would add the resin and filters and such but I'm just a celery for trying to help another one it comes with everything needed you would just have to purchase a sediment filter carbon block and the d i resin these are fairly inexpensive to buy through Bulk Reef Supply you can buy in a kit this will save you some money for sure
okay yeah sure that looks good. I need to ask my parents because I still live at home but I hope it works out. how will we do this?

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this Aqua FX Barracuda one as well so you can take your pick Barracuda one has a pressure valve on it but it does have a slightly bent bracket either way like I said your choice you pick which one you would like it'll be free of charge other than shipping
16031651932798709410601062443008.jpg

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay yeah sure that looks good. I need to ask my parents because I still live at home but I hope it works out. how will we do this?
Yeah I can send it directly to you and have you reimburse me for the shipping alone or I can talk to your parents and just make sure it's good with them first one way or another I'm more than happy to try to get it to you I can also try to make contact with @revtree who I believe is the owner of this forum and see if he has any ideas to help protect your privacy and get this to you I would speak with your parents first you yourself and just make sure that they're comfortable with this being sent to you to help you with your reefing experiences

OP
OP
JACKS REEF

JACKS REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I can send it directly to you and have you reimburse me for the shipping alone or I can talk to your parents and just make sure it's good with them first one way or another I'm more than happy to try to get it to you I can also try to make contact with @revtree who I believe is the owner of this forum and see if he has any ideas to help protect your privacy and get this to you I would speak with your parents first you yourself and just make sure that they're comfortable with this being sent to you to help you with your reefing experiences
okay yeah ill talk to my parents and hopefully get back to you tomorrow afternoon. thanks a lot. you can Direct message me on reef2reef or we can just keep talking on this thread.

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay yeah ill talk to my parents and hopefully get back to you tomorrow afternoon. thanks a lot. you can Direct message me on reef2reef or we can just keep talking on this thread.
whatever works best for you is okay I will be working tomorrow but we'll check for your info on my lunch break and then again after I get done working

OP
OP
JACKS REEF

JACKS REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ith @revtree who I believe is the owner of this forum and see if he has any ideas to help protect your privacy and get this to you I would speak with your parents first you yourself and just make sure that they're comfortable with this b
whatever works best for you is okay I will be working tomorrow but we'll check for your info on my lunch break and then again after I get done working
okay sure so if I have any questions or I would like to send you my details should I just privately message you on reef2reef? I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not read OP had chaeto growing in the display. Where did you read that?

Didn’t you just say your hammer didn’t like you reducing nutrients too? I would like to see your corals that do well in 0 nitrate and 0 phosphate.

My corals that didn’t like it...especially monti’s they RTNed. Euphylia looked horrible but survived. Everything, and I mean everything looked like crap. Now that I took skimmer out and dose nitrate and phosphate, things are recovering and getting new growth.
07F5350C-48E0-4AD7-A78A-D7AA7D8D0FA4.jpeg
Sorry, I was relaying my experience with my tank to address "zero" nutrients via what a test kit says....and my experience with bottoming out nutrients, getting zeros for nitrate (salifert) and zeros for phos (hanna LR) BUT still having algae in the DT and chaeto in the fuge and only having my hammer seem to dislike the change, all the softies didn't care and with my low to zero numbers via test kits currently I have montis, zoas, and favias growing when I couldn't at higher numbers.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I was relaying my experience with my tank to address "zero" nutrients via what a test kit says....and my experience with bottoming out nutrients, getting zeros for nitrate (salifert) and zeros for phos (hanna LR) BUT still having algae in the DT and chaeto in the fuge and only having my hammer seem to dislike the change, all the softies didn't care and with my low to zero numbers via test kits currently I have montis, zoas, and favias growing when I couldn't at higher numbers.
Makes sense. I started a thread over in the chemistry forum with a poll. Would you consider voting and providing feedback, pics, recommendations.

I for one am confused with this, because you are absolutely right. A low test with macros and algae on the glass means you have nitrate. Yet when the level really does get to 0 it seems to cause problems in some tanks. Dead macros, Dino’s, Corals not doing well. Not sure it has to do with the nitrate itself, or something else.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense. I started a thread over in the chemistry forum with a poll. Would you consider voting and providing feedback, pics, recommendations.

I for one am confused with this, because you are absolutely right. A low test with macros and algae on the glass means you have nitrate. Yet when the level really does get to 0 it seems to cause problems in some tanks. Dead macros, Dino’s, Corals not doing well. Not sure it has to do with the nitrate itself, or something else.
It's the balancing act, IMO, nitrates and phosphates are nutrients....too much can be considered "pollution", too little could be starvation.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does not they're exhausted you would have to purchase from Bulk Reef Supply but I will give it to you for free as long as you pay for the shipping if i were a vendor I would add the resin and filters and such but I'm just a reefer trying to help another reefer it comes with everything needed you would just have to purchase a sediment filter carbon block and the d i resin these are fairly inexpensive to buy through Bulk Reef Supply you can buy in a kit this will save you some money for sure
Your a good person, glad to see reefers helping reefers :)

OP
OP
JACKS REEF

JACKS REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you just trying to help him get c some good water for his reef tank i can remember when i didn't have a Rodi thought i could just use prime. I was wrong..
yeah thanks man. I still need to talk to my dad today my mom said yes just need to talk to my dad because he has had some reef tanks in the past and he knows all about this stuff.

Pistol Peet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah thanks man. I still need to talk to my dad today my mom said yes just need to talk to my dad because he has had some reef tanks in the past and he knows all about this stuff.
You're fine it's not going anywhere just let me know

Back