frogspawn flating and not doing well

v1ken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have purchased a frogspawn around one month ago, and it never really opens up fully, recently(2-3 days ago), I found it started to become flat and looks dying. All my other corals are doing just fine. I had a torch previously and it also suffered similar situation and eventually died.
Anyone can give me some idea on what is wrong with my setup? too much ligh?
My water parameters are as below:

salinity 35
ph: 7.8
kh:8.3
Ca: 380
Mg: 1320
ammonia: colorless(Salifert)
no2: colorless(Salifert)
no3: 10

I have also attached a video to show its condition as well as flow status.

Really appreciate it for your help!

OP
OP
V

v1ken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked po3 with HI736 and it was 0 which is weird. i'll order more testing reagent and retest it once got em.

it's nano tank roughly 20g water volume

i have not added any fish/Invertebrates yet so basically it's coral only tank at the moment.

I have been dosing 1 drop of af probio s and np pro daily trying to reduce no3.

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t look like it’s dying. Just closed up a bit. Try a little less flow over it.

Maybe a little food after it settles in, too. Frogspawns will eat whatever you feed them and however much you feed them. The happiest (and largest) frogspawn I’ve ever had was right under an auto-feeder getting pellets twice a day.

And they like the water a little bit less ‘clean’ than a lot of other kinds of coral. Not saying they can’t do well in low-nutrient systems…just make sure they’re getting food if you’re in have really low PO4 and NO3.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ca seems a little on the low side... Also FS tend to do best in med flow and light.

OP
OP
V

v1ken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t look like it’s dying. Just closed up a bit. Try a little less flow over it.

Maybe a little food after it settles in, too. Frogspawns will eat whatever you feed them and however much you feed them. The happiest (and largest) frogspawn I’ve ever had was right under an auto-feeder getting pellets twice a day.

And they like the water a little bit less ‘clean’ than a lot of other kinds of coral. Not saying they can’t do well in low-nutrient systems…just make sure they’re getting food if you’re in have really low PO4 and NO3.
Thanks bro!I do broadcast some rotifers twice a week for my gonios, maybe i will try some spot feeding on the frogspawn.

Back