Frogspawn head lost it's Bubbles

  • Thread starter Thread starter allarena
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

allarena

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Vermont
What state or country do you live in
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm new to the hobby nad it have my tank set up 2 months ago. I just added a 2 headed Frogspawn and one of the heads seems to have lost all of its bubbles. The other head seems fine.

Is this something I should be concerned ?

Thanks for the help.
 

Attachments

  • 20240429_101557.jpg
    20240429_101557.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 20240429_101537.jpg
    20240429_101537.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 82
Wow that rock looks covered in coralline algae. Did you do cultivate that or did it come that way?

I can’t see the troubled coral. Was it in the first picture?
 
I can't tell if the polyps are turning black or if its black jelly disease. Can you list your parameters, nitrate/phosphate/alk? What kind of lighting and flow do you have? Tank is obviously very new, I suspect low nutrients which would be normal in a new tank, even the zoa's don't happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new