Frogspawn head missing?

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a frogspawn now for 5 months that has somehow been THE healthiest coral in my tank. I went away for 2 days, came back and the head was very receded and I just thought that it wasn’t opening up properly since it was early morning, then I figured something must be irritating it, gave it a quick dip to kill any worms or anything that may be on it, and finally tonight it still seems more receded than the other. Today is water change day so I still have to do that, parameters may very well change after this but as of right now (pre change) they are salinity 1.026, nitrate 20, phosphate 0.03, (unfortunately not sure on alk but stable enough for montipora growth if that tells anything?). Here’s some pictures of right now after the lights went down, it’s the head on the left, looking forward to the help!
IMG_7021.jpeg
IMG_7022.jpeg
IMG_7023.jpeg

Timandkatereef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m actually having the same problem. The first two days the frogspawn was doing good. After day three it seemed like it wasn’t happy. Today it’s all closed up… everything else is growing like weeds…birdsnest and digi
I should add, only issue is with this coral, everything else in the tank is doing spectacular

OP
OP
_cpate3_

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved it to a place with some higher light because it was in a low light area and it ended up growing back pretty nicely. I wonder if something was nipping at it but it’s all good now

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back