Frogspawn Help!

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I currently have 1 AI Prime 16HD on the tank, I asked around and on Facebook groups about another light and they said 1 light is fine. I'm also having a little trouble with where I should keep my wave maker and where to point it. I currently have it where I circled in red and pointed it towards that rock.

Very nice tank first of all, if it were me I would leave it where it is but place it a little higher and pointing it towards the left side of the tank instead of the rock so you don’t have much dead flow spots, you could also put it on the left side facing towards the front of the tank since you have your return nozzle on the right so that way derbis and food gets forced back into the overflow. I also think one prime might give you some shadows, I would use either another prime 16 or a single hydra 32 to make sure you can supply your corals with adequate par. If you aren’t sure what kind of par you’re currently getting you could also “rent” a par reader from BRS and just return it once you’re done since those things you don’t really need to buy and keep in storage forever for such an expensive piece of equipment

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have moved it a few times and thought middle of the tank looked the best since it was getting some flow. I did recently move a power head towards it so it can get more flow as well but not too much. I just tested ULR phosphate and got 0. Maybe it's because I didn't feed them last night?
Definitely not from feeding. They really don’t even need that. I’d guess too much flow. These corals like gentle flows. I’d shelter it away from power heads so it has indirect flow.

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I currently have 1 AI Prime 16HD on the tank, I asked around and on Facebook groups about another light and they said 1 light is fine. I'm also having a little trouble with where I should keep my wave maker and where to point it. I currently have it where I circled in red and pointed it towards that rock.

One light should be fine, but you need to dial it up. You are only running it at 20%-30% of its capability.

with the wave maker, point it toward the opposite wall of the tank and put it 2/3 of the way from the bottom. That will create indirect flows throughout the reef. I set mine to pulse to make it more of a surge wave action instead of a straight stream. For LPS, this is best. SPS a different story.

Back